𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝔀 𝓸𝓯 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓬𝔂'𝓼 𝓓𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓻 ~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

❝𝓖𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓲𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓱𝓮'𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭.❞

Marilyn Monroe

By the time Miguel and I make it to the nearby diner named Stacy's Diner, he's told be all about Mr. Lawrence and their crappy introduction. 

"He seems like an asshole," I conclude pulling into a parking spot.

"He made the impression." 

We exit the car and walk inside, not before noticing the HELP WANTED sign. Heading to an old fashion booth Miguel comments, "I came to this diner the day after I moved here." I grab an old laminated menu, "What do you recommend?" I ask him. He makes a hmm sound while his eyes scan his own coffee stained menu. He flips it around and points to 'Cali For ya Waffles'. He laughs, "Get it? Cali for ya waffles... California Waffles!" I giggle, "I get it" He flips his menu back around, "That's what I got the first time I was here, they're good. They come with whipped cream, strawberries-" 

Then three boys around my age pass by the window one carrying a laptop. The same one turns to make eye contact with me smiling and winking. I wink back with a laughing smile. 

"Y/N- are you listening?" "Yeah sorry-" I turn my head backward to see a 40-year-oldish woman with brown pinned-up hair struggling to car two glasses of water on rollerskates. 

"Hiya, what can I getcha?" Miguel orders first getting the waffles. Once she finishes writing his order down she points the tip of her pen at me, "I'll get what he's getting- but I was wondering If I could apply for a job?" She writes on her pad as she talks, "I can bring over the application in a second but I hope you know you have to wear these all day?" She uses her pen to point to her skates. "I know how to skate" She smiles warmly, "I'll be right back" Miguel and I place our menus back in their holder, "I didn't know you could skate?" "I used to rollerskate back in H/T (Hometown)" He nods playing with the straw in his water. I turn hearing the familiar sound of wheels on the smooth floor, "here ya go, I'm Beth by the way" I grab the clipboard and thank her, "Thanks Beth, I'm Y/N." She nods and skates away. 

As I fill out the application Miguel and I chat about our anticipation for school and plan to carpool. The application asked for things like first and last name, address, guardians, phone #, and availability.