𝓣𝓮𝓮𝓷𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓫 ~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷

❝𝓘𝓽'𝓼 𝓯𝓪𝓻 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓾𝓷𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓪𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓾𝓷𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓮 — 𝓼𝓸 𝓯𝓪𝓻.❞

Marilyn Monroe

I finished wiping the coffee stains from this morning off of the counter. Tonight is the first time I have closing shift ever since the last incident.

A storm of anxiety and worry bubbled in my stomach. I tried to drown it out, but it remained. I never told Robby that I had a closing shift tonight since I knew he would pick me up with his weed-scented van. Even though I had told him many times that this was my battle. My ex. My problem. 

It is undeniable that Robby's care for me gave me butterflies. Even thinking about him helps me forget the anxiety bubbling inside of me. 

Our relationship is undetermined. I'm not upset by it but I'd like to know what we are. 

The thoughts of Robby quickly vanish from me when I hear the bell above the door ring singling the last customer has left. 

I shakily throw the rag I had been using to clean the countertop somewhere inside the cabinets underneath. I head into the back and change out of my rollerskates and into my converse. 

Slinging my skates over my shoulder I unconsciously grab for my pepper spray which is in my apron. Leaving out the front door I lock it behind me and I hear a cough trying to grab my attention.

Without thinking I impulsively spray them with the pepper spray. The perpetrator groans in pain and clutches their eyes in pain. 

"I JUST WANTED TO APOLOGIZE-"

"WHAT THE HELL GREG! WHY WOULD YOU COME TO MY JOB THEN?"

In the darkness of night, I can still manage to see his reddened face full of tears and pain. I planned to flee the scene if I used my pepper spray on him but I can't help what would happen to him if I leave him behind-

So many thoughts and possibilities course through my head: should I leave him here, should I call Robby even though I swore not to involve him, do I take him to my place?

"Y/N please just help me- I promise to let you go." He groans between words in obvious pain. 

"Okay- okay" I breathe shakily unsure of what to do. 

Realizing I'm not doing anything but watch my ex-boyfriend wither in pain I grab his arm and drag him over to my car.

I help him into the passenger seat and buckle him in and quickly drive him to my house.

~Time Skip~

Greg and I are now sitting on my bed. We were able to slip into my apartment unnoticed by my family. I treated his eyes with milk since that was the only thing we had. His eyes are now a puffy red with irritation all over. "So. You'll leave me alone now?"

 He takes a while to respond while he lays his stomach on my bed looking towards the window. "Sure. I just came to the diner to apologize. I realized my reaction was unfair to you. I was just so heartbro-" 

"Don't give me that teenage heartthrob romance shit. I just want you to stop harassing me." He turns around facing me, "I'll leave you be. Can we form an alliance?" I shrug, "Sure"