Shots Fired

I watched as Choi cut my cast off,

"I'm free." I said with a smile which faded when I saw Antonio texting

"Well I wouldn't recommend going out dancing just yet. I still want you to do a couple of weeks of P.T and I'm going to send you home with a boot if you need it use it."

"Thanks Choi." I said

"Is everything ok?" I asked Antonio who kept his eyes on his phone as we left the room.

"We need to talk," He said

"Do you know where we can talk in private?" he asked and I nodded then I led him into a break room that was empty thankfully

"What is going on? I need you to be honest with me because I'm tired of asking."

"If anyone calls you asking if we went to dinner and movie last night. The answer is yes." He said and I frowned

"This heroin thing is blowing up, and we're close to making some busts."

"Well that's good right?"

"Narcotics gets real territorial, and they don't want intelligence moving in on their stats. So, I told my commander a little white lie, because I wasn't where I was supposed to be."

"Well you didn't come home last night again, where were you?"

"Can you just say yes if someone asks?" He said deflecting my question

"Why do I feel like I'm not getting the whole story?"

"Because you're not getting the whole story, I'm working a case." He said simply and I raised an eyebrow

"So, you just want me to lie for you but I can't know what's going on?"

"I'm trying to keep you safe. Will you do it?" He asked and I just stared at him

"Of course you will." He said then kissed me and took my hand as we made it outside I pulled my hand away

"What?" He said and I crossed my arms

"Look I got to get back to work."

"When are going to take some time to spend with your kids?" I asked and he groaned

"Why do you keep doing this?"

"Because you've been acting like an asshole, I feel like I don't even know you anymore. You're not coming home, you're keeping secrets, you're skipping out on your time with the kids. So, I need answers now. If you want me to lie for you, I need the truth."

"Just trust me."

"I don't! you forgot about my appointment today and then I find you here yelling at some prostitute! What am I supposed to think?"

"You I think I want her? She's a junkie prostitute, I do what I can to help them get back on their feet. The girl that od'd today was only 25 and she was clean and turning it around."

"Then why was she still prostituting!"

"Because of me! I put the word on the street out that I needed some info in the new gang putting these drugs on the street and she wanted to help. I told her to stay out of it but she did it anyway, she wanted to prove herself."

"It's fucked up it is, and I love how much you love your job, but we need you too. I still have nightmares about the accident, I worry that this guy is out there and he wants to come finish the job. We have a sick baby in the NICU, and I have to lie to Eva and Diego about why you're not there. Diego waited for you all week because you promised to take him fishing this past weekend."