16. The Plot Thickens

"I don't know why you were holding back all this time, but now is not the time to continue," Nat gritted her teeth.

"Relax, haven't I already exposed myself anyways?" I tensed, waiting for Silas's next attack. But it didn't come. He turned back to his partner Dorian. The Hulk was stronger than him but Dorian's agility made up for the difference.

"Hmm looks like it's time to retreat. Dorian?" Silas muttered.

"I was just getting started," Dorian complained. But he still listened as he jumped behind Silas.

Just as they started to slip into the shadows, I rushed forward and grabbed Dorian's arm.

"You crazy fucker, what are you doing?" Dorian yelled as he tried to shake me off in time.

"Saves me the trouble of having to explain myself," I grinned.

"Get back here! What do you think you're doing?" Steve yelled. But it was too late to do anything anyways. We already melted into the shadows.

"Holy Hera," I said, shaking off the uncomfortableness. "I definitely didn't miss that feeling."

"Oh stop grumbling," Silas said as he slipped off his hood.

"Long time no see," I smiled to Nico.

"Yeah, yeah," he grumbled, "we have a lot of stuff to discuss."

"Percy! Dude!" Frank ran over and enveloped me in a bear hug. I almost wanted to brush him off but I bit my tongue and stood there.

"So when did you get so tall?" I asked Nico.

"Is it that surprising?" he muttered.

"...Yes"

"Maybe I shouldn't have come," he said, his eyebrow twitching.

"So what was up with that little act? Didn't you go a little overboard?" I asked.

"Relax, it's not like we would actually hurt them," Nico dismissed.

"You shot Steve!"

Frank turned away looking guilty but Nico shamelessly said, "he'll be fine, Thalia probably just shot him somewhere to keep him down for a little, not forever."

"They'll probably brush it off as luck," Frank added.

"And the purpose of all of this was..." I asked annoyed.

Leo finally spoke up, continuing his tinkering in the back. "Who knows if you would have come with us if we just asked nicely."

"We have to set the scene anyways," Jason spoke up.

"Set the scene? I'm not catching up." I said.

"What a touching reunion," Thalia commented as she entered, without a touch of joy in her voice.

"Also," I said, turning to Frank. "Nico was covered by his hood and his shadows, but why did you look so different back there?"

Frank looked at Piper. "You're not the only one with improved powers," she answered.

"I'm guessing that applies to Frank too?" I asked to nobody in particular. When he was bashing Tony around, he could display the sheer strength of a beast without actually transforming.

I sighed. "What is this all about?" I asked.

"I'm sure the Avengers have been dealing with the Deadly Sins?" Jason asked.

"What does this have to do with them?" I asked suspiciously. This organization wasn't even as destructive as Hydra was but the demigods are making a move now? When they just ignored Hydra?

"Looks like their interests lined up with the minor gods because some of them have teamed up," Hazel said.

"It's always the minor gods," I complained. "Didn't I fix this before I left?"

Nico scoffed. "Looks like you did well huh?"

I leaned against the wall and carefully picked my next words. "Well tell me, what happened to you guys?"

"Does it matter? All we're here for is to warn you then we can go on our own separate ways." Nico said.

"Nico-" Hazel wanted to say something, but Piper shushed her.

"Why does is this matter?" I sighed. "I've already cut myself off from the Gods and I have no intention of returning."

"We're not asking you to," Jason stepped up, "In fact, we left camp too."

"We? Don't lump me together with you lot," Thalia sneered.

"Everyone needs to calm down," Piper interrupted. "Just because we haven't seen each other for 2 years doesn't mean we can't be civil."

"What?" I asked. 2 years? That meant this was the first time seeing everyone else for everybody. "Why did everyone split up?"

"Harder to catch us," Hazel grumbled.

"Yeah it should be hard right? I wonder how they found my house that I covered with mist," Piper retorted.

"Looks like we have a group of defectors here," I laughed.

"Laugh all you want but soon the gods will make their own move," Jason said seriously.

...It was one chuckle.

"How does this pertain to me though? That was my first time using my powers in years." I asked once again.

"Well I don't want to do it," Thalia shrugged.

"Ditto," Hazel added.

"Me neither," Leo raised his hand in the back.

"Same," Piper said.

"Okay, okay," I said, my head starting to hurt. "One last favor for you all. Just for old times sake." I reminisced.

"I should get going now, they're probably searching for me," I bid goodbye to my old friends and dissolved into the water particles nearby.

~~

"Why can't we go now?" Tony asked, slamming his hands down on the table.

"He went for a reason, I'm sure he can handle himself," Steve said calmly.

"He's definitely fine," Clint interrupted as he saw me materialize behind them.

"What do u-" Tony turned to look at what Clint was looking at. "Time to explain yourself," he said angrily.