Chapter 3: After the Ceremony

Miss Audrey Kim, Jennie's mother, brought me into a tight hug. "Oh my gosh, Y/N, you did so well. I am so proud of you." She gave me a proud motherly smile.

Mrs. Audrey always treated me as if I was her own flesh and blood. After an incident when I was thirteen years old, she was ready to go head-to-head with my father in a custody battle.

I declined her offer, not wanting her to get involved in my family matters. However, she has cleaned countless bruises. I never told her about how they were inflicted, but I know her motherly instincts had an idea of who was giving me the bruises. I didn't want her to get involved for a while because I was still trying to understand my father's condition, and I didn't want him to get into trouble. But after an incident when I was thirteen, I used him for mental training.

Jennie squeezed in between us. "Mom, I also graduated. Sometimes I feel like you replaced me with Y/N."

"Oh, sweety, it took you long enough to conclude."

"What?"

Mrs. Audrey playfully pushed her out the way. "Shush, can you not interrupt me while I am congratulating my daughter."

"Mom."

There was a deep chuckle behind us. "Excuse me, ladies." Then, a man with a soothing voice spoke.

I turned around and met a man about average height, with hazel eyes, a chiseled jawline, and a youthful face but a mature body. You could tell he was fit even through his tailored suit.

"Hello, Hotty," Jennie said boldly.

Mrs. Audrey pinched her side. "Ouch, mom, what was that for?" She asked, rubbing the tender spot.

"Don't embarrass me in front of the hot young man with your wild woman antics."

Jisoo shook her head at the mother-daughter duo. "Yes, how may we help you?"

"I am Park Jimin, Mr. Min's Personal Assistant. I am here because my boss requests to briefly speak with you, Ms. Jung Y/N. That's if you aren't busy."

"No, she isn't busy. Take her," Lisa pushed me towards him.

He chuckled. "Very well then. Ms. Jung, can you follow me, please?" he stopped in his tracks and v-lined his way to Jennie. "Your name, madam?"

"Jennie Kim. Number Hot Fox."

He smiled "(206) ###-####, see you around, Miss Sexy."

"You better, mister Hotty."

He smiled once again. "Shall we go on?" he asked, averting my attention.

"Lead the way." I turned around, glaring at the girls, and followed behind Mr. Park.

"Boss, here she is." Jimin stepped aside, presenting me as if I were someone special or worth meeting.

Yoongi gave me a gentle smile and extended his hand out to me. "Ah, Ms. Jung Y/N, I heard many things about you."

Now I understand what Jennie meant by having a face that would stop you in your tracks. Look at him, his tousled jet-black hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were mesmerizing deep black; flecks of honey brown light performed ballets that sloped downwards in a severe expression. His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite.

From his modest expression, I guess he must have gotten used to that sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way. But, of course, the blush that accompanied it was a dead give-away.

I cleared my throat, extending my hand out in return. "All good things, I hope."

"Of course, they were, and I must commend you on your speech. Your words resonated with me in ways you wouldn't believe."

I debated whether I should tell him that he was my inspiration, I mean, I would just be speaking the truth, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. "I would hope so, Mr. Min; you were my inspiration after all."

He looked at me in shock. "Oh really?"

"Yes, ask anyone here, and they will tell you how much I admire you. Not because of who you are, but what you are. You are a staple of transforming the impossible to possible." Her bluntness was amusing to him.

Yoongi looked at her, impressed by her bold but well-put words. Unbelievably, he is not an easily impressed man. That's one of the many reasons he is so sought out. I guess it's human nature to want something you can't have.

"I am honored you think so highly of me." A small flame of attraction was igniting within him.

She looked him directly in the eyes "The honor is all mine, mister Min Yoongi."

That tiny flame was quickly growing. So many people wouldn't dare look him in the eyes so intensely nor be so bluntly honest with him.

"Interesting." He whispered unintentionally.

"Well, if that's all, I have other business to attend to."

"I thought your friend said you weren't busy." Jimin butted in.

I chuckled. "She was being a good friend, not wanting me to miss the chance of meeting someone I admire."

"I think I need to meet this good friend and thank her for allowing me the opportunity to speak to a knowledgeable and well-spoken woman." Yoongi complimented.

"Someday, who knows what path our destiny will reveal." I eyed Jimin knowingly.

Bidding my goodbyes, I went to find my girls and give them a piece of my mind.

Yoongi watched as she walked away. He leaned over to Jimin, his assistant and one of his closest friends. "What is she talking about? You know what, I don't want to know. I want you to set up an interview with Ms. Jung for the Chief Technology Officer position."

He looked at me, surprised. "I don't mean to question your judgment but are you sure that's a logical move. If Y/N passes the interview and gets one of the most sought positions fresh out of college, wouldn't that cause controversy? Ms. Jung could become the center of attack from envious employees."

"I am sure she would be a perfect fit. There is no doubt about it. So, few people could look me in the eyes without being nervous or fearful and say what she said. When I looked into her eyes, I saw myself in a way. Besides, you should be happy I finally found someone who can take some of the load off you."

"But still"

Yoongi slung his arm over his shoulder. "You worry too much, my dear friend; trust me, I am making the right decision. And did you see the way she grasped the audience, having them hanging on her every word? You don't have to worry, Jimin; I feel that Ms. Jung can handle herself,

"Trust me."