Chapter 11: Pay Your Dues

Gunshots rang in the air. Dead bodies and blood were everywhere. A little girl sat in a corner, rocking back and forth with hands over her ears. The people with no faces are there again, protecting her "Run" was the last thing she heard before everything went black.

I awoke from my dreamland panting and soaked in sweat. "What was that dream? Is it a nightmare? Is it a memory? Who is that girl?" questions I have been asking myself for years but never seem to find the answers to.

My phone started ringing. "What?!" I yelled in an annoyed tone.

"Woah bitch, what's with the attitude?"

I sighed. "What do you want, Lisa?"

She let out a nervous giggle. "Actually, I am here with Jisoo, Jennie, and Rose'."

"Good morning, Liv." I heard them yell in the background.

A smile tiptoed on my face. "Morning, ladies. Lisa, answer my question."

"Which one?" she asked cheekily.

"The only question I have asked so far, what do you want? Obviously, you want something otherwise; why bother ringing me up so early in the morning."

"Valid. Okay, before you go on a rampage, the girls and I are on our way to your place to hang out, watch movies, eat, and then... maybe go shopping later." She mumbled, the last part still loud enough for me to hear.

I paused for a moment, "There is no way in hell I'm going shopping with you heathens... absolutely not."

"Oh, come on, ever since we started working at our day jobs, we don't get to hang out as much," Rose' whined.

I rolled my eyes. "That sounds like a whole lot of not my problem. It's Saturday; I am exhausted from the hectic week I had."

Jennie scoffed, "Exhausted from what? Brutally murdering three men and then text Hongjoong to come to clean up your mess. A reliable source told me he has some choice of words and punishments waiting for you for going out alone last night." she warned.

That's just great Hongjoong is like a drill sergeant, and knowing him, it would be one hell of a punishment.

I exhaled deeply. "I really don't need to hear unsettling news today. Especially on top of me having to visit my father today because you know why."

"All the more reason you need to get your ass up and get dressed. We all know how your father can get on this day, so hanging out with your BFFs will be a total stress relief." Jisoo deadpanned.

"But I would prefer-"

"Damn, what you prefer! Young lady, get your ass dressed. We want to see our best friend and catch up on life." Jisoo demanded.

"Jisoo, you can't force me to..."

"DON'T YOU JISOO ME! IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR CUTE LITTLE BUTT UP THIS INSTANT, I WILL SHOVE MY FOOT SO FAR UP YOUR ASS-" the call cut.

I looked at my phone. "Jeez, that woman is crazy."

Seconds later, my phone started ringing; Rose' called me, "Uhm, hello.

"Y/N, don't mind Jisoo's words; you know how she can get. We will go to your favorite restaurant if you come, our treat."

A free meal: "Fine, see you when you get here."

I could hear the girls cheering and celebrating, "We will be there shortly."

"Okay, see you soon." I hung up the phone contemplating how much I really need them in my life."