Chapter 9: Go Home Y/N

I am going into my third week of working here, and it's more than what I was expecting. Yoongi takes good care of me. A few of my colleagues, more specifically female colleagues, made accusations about how I seduced Yoongi to get such a prominent position at an early stage of my career. Yoongi shut those accusations down immediately. Anyone who dared to say something remotely defaming about me was blacklisted.

During my first week, there was an incident with one of the older male managers making a pass at me and touching me inappropriately. I wanted to cut his hands off and put a bullet through his head, but lucky for him Jimin intervened. He was fired and blacklisted due to the companies' strict policies against sexual harassment, but that wasn't satisfying enough for me. I told my brothers about the incident, and let's just say there is one less asshole on this earth. I also had the chance to meet the other Jung, Jimin and Yoongi was talking about. His name is Jung Hoseok.

Hoseok has a stoic innocence about himself. His light auburn hair, skin ironically as pale as the moon, and brown eyes convey an earthly innocence. Still, the pain behind them cannot be hidden.

He is a genuinely lovely and easy-going guy except when it comes to his work, but I always got this confusing vibe from him from the day I met him. He always looked at me like I was something precious, not in an obsessive way, more like a child finding a favorite toy they thought was long gone.

Knock knock knock

I looked up to see Jimin peeking his head in my office door. "It's getting late, Y/N; go home."

I tend to engross myself in my work, which sometimes leads to late nights. Jimin hates when I stay overnight, especially after the incident with that old fart.

"But I am almost finished," I whined.

He gave me a stern look that most people would find intimidating "No buts go home. I am sure you can finish whatever it is tomorrow."

"All I need is thirty more minutes." I protested.

He threatened, pulling out his phone, "I'm calling Yoongi." he threatened.

I gave in, "Ugh, fine tattletale." I am not scared of Yoongi, but I cannot deal with another one of his punishments. The last time I disobeyed his command, he gave Jimin the day off and made me fulfill his duties. It was a nightmare. I don't see how Jimin could do it daily for so many years.

"Call me whatever you like, cupcake, just quickly get your things. I have other business to attend to."

"That's not fair, even you have work after work." I pouted.

"This isn't about me. Hurry it up, please." He gave me a teasing smile waiting for me at the door.

I rolled my eyes. "You know you can just go. You don't have to wait for me."

He put his index finger over his lips, pretending to think, "Hmm, let me think, how about no."

"You are so annoying," I said, walking out of the office and towards the elevators.

He playfully threw his arm over my shoulder. "I know."

Making it to the garage, I saw Hoseok standing beside his car. He must have been waiting for Jimin. "What took you so long?" he complained.

"Don't blame me. I had to manipulate this little workaholic to go home."

Hoseok looked at me, worried. "You should really stop staying so late. I'm sure whatever it is can wait until tomorrow."

"I tried to tell the little bean that."

I flipped him off, getting into my car. "See you tomorrow, guys. Have a goodnight, Hoseok, Mr. Park." I quickly drove away before Jimin could scold me.

Hoseok watched Y/N's car disappear and whispered, "You to Y/N." He was so deep in his own thoughts he didn't hear Jimin talking to him.

Jimin glared at the back of Y/N's care, planning how he would get her back. "Can you believe she called me Mr. Park? She knows I hate being referred to by my last name. Hoseok. HOSEOK?"

Hoseok shook his head, coming back to reality. "Huh, what did you say?"

Jimin examined his face. "When will you tell the others?"

He sighed. "When I am hundred percent sure. Get in; we have to go before Seokjin blows a fuse for us being late."

Midnight Stroll

I took off my shoes and hung my keys on the key holder. "Why does it feel like I'm forgetting something?" I checked the calendar "Shit, ugh, I almost forgot I am supposed to visit that devil of a father of mine tomorrow."

Even after everything he has done, he is still my father. But I know tomorrow he will be at the peak of his violence, my mother's and brother's death anniversary.

"Fuck it." I put my hair up into a high ponytail. Then, I changed into a fitted white t-shirt, black ripped jeans, a black leather jacket, and my favorite black combat boots that I keep tactical knives tucked away in. I also grabbed my gun, stuffing it down the back of my jeans, the cold metal sending a shivering sensation up my spine.

My slow and steady footsteps echoed on the damp pavement leading me to an unknown destination. I laughed to myself, thinking about how furious Hongjoong would be if he got to know I was out this late. Now that I think about it has been a while since all thirteen of us hung out.

Lisa, Jisoo, Jennie, and Rose' work at K-Tech Corporation, the brother company to Min Enterprise. Jisoo is a Lead Consultant; she assists the company by providing concrete advice and recommendations and acting as the liaison between the clients and the consultant team. Rose' works in corporate finance; she oversees the company's financial activities and focuses on how to maximize the value of the company throughout its financing and investment decisions. Jennie and Lisa are Ethical Hackers. They are given permission to break into an organization's computer systems and networks to determine if they are vulnerable to cybercriminals and spies.

I turned down a darkly lit alley. I have grown to like the eerie feeling of not knowing what lurks in the dark. Even as a child, there has always been a deep connection between me and darkness. Everything shown in the light is easy to love. Show me the darkness where our shadows go to hide. We are all searching for that someone whose demons play well with our own.

In the middle of the alley were three men being loud and obnoxious. They clearly had a little too much to drink. I honestly don't have time for their nonsense. I tried avoiding them, but you don't always get what you want.

One of the three drunkateers stepped back, blocking my path "Hey, baby girl. Didn't anyone ever tell you not to walk alone, especially at night?"

I attempted to walk around him, but another blocked my path. "Give me strength."