Chapter 36: Delivery

The girls, including Irene, Seulgi, Joy, Yeri, Wendy, and I, were in my city penthouse dressing room getting ready for the Banquet with music blasting in the background. After that night at the club, we all became close, and as expected, new relationships bloomed amid the chaos.

Aside from that, Yoongi and Hongjoong hit it off and became close. Yoongi even invited them to the Banquet. I honestly wasn't expecting Hongjoong and the others to get along so well since they're usually reserved when meeting new people.

My phone started ringing. I looked at the screen, "Speak of the devil. He will appear." Yoongi was facetiming me. I went downstairs into the kitchen for a quieter place, but I could still faintly hear the music playing upstairs. The girls were too distracted having their own little karaoke party to notice I left.

I answered the call. "Missing me already?"

"Of course, I'm missing you, but that's not why I called. Wait, what's with all the noise?" Yoongi dramatically gasped, "Are you having a party and didn't even bother to invite me? I'm so disappointed in you, kitten."

"Well, I wanted to be respectful in not disturbing the elderly while taking his little nappy," I said, teasing him.

"Hahaha, very funny. Are you a comedian now?" he asked sarcastically.

"Only on the weekends, but no the girls are just-" I was cut off by the girls screaming. I laughed at the craziness that's going on in my room right now.

Yoongi laughed. "Well, it sounds like you guys are having an enjoyable time. I was calling to tell you that you and the girls will be taking a separate limo from us."

"What, but why?" I asked, confused.

"Since we aren't married, you can't be seen getting out of the same car as me. It's one of the most disrespectful things I could do to you."

I scoffed and asked, "Why would that be disrespectful?"

"Seulgi could probably better explain the importance of this tradition better than I can. But there are presumptions about an unwedded woman seen getting out of a vehicle with a Mafia man in the Mafia world. The presumptions are degrading, and that won't be happening on my watch." He explained.

"Wow, intense much?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"It's a tradition that has been done for years. It just shows the undying respect I have for you. It's me claiming you as mine and letting everyone know that it's you, I chose to be the next Queen, my Queen." he explained even further.

"Oh, by the way, a package should be delivered to your door in three... two... one..."

Ding Dong

"What the fu-that was creepy."

"Go open the door, silly."

I open the door and am greeted by one of Yoongi's Butlers. I know he works for him because of the Gold Y encrusted on his uniform.

"Good evening, Mrs. Min," Mrs. Min? I thought to myself, "I'm here to personally deliver a package from Mr. Min."

"Oh, you can just leave it in the living room."

He placed the box on the living room table. "Have a good evening, Mrs. Min."

"Thank you."

"Of course." He politely bowed and left.

"Mr. Min?"

"Yes, Mrs. Min?"

"That's funny. When was the wedding? I don't remember attending. I don't see a ring on this finger."