Chapter 8: Nefarious Girl

Walking into the place, I have only dreamed about felt surreal. The receptionist gave me a brief welcoming smile.

"Good morning, ma'am. How may I assist you?"

"Good morning. I am here for the 8:30 interview."

"Ah yes, you must be miss Jung Y/N. Please follow me."

The walk to the interview room felt almost non-existent. I wonder who my interviewer would be. My mind was filled with the million possibilities of what could go wrong during the interview.

"Here we are. Mr. Min will be with you shortly. Please take a seat." She gave me a final smile before walking away to her post.

I find myself biting hard on my bottom lip, filling my mouth with the metallic taste of blood. "Wait, did she say, Mr. Min? No, I must be hearing things. I'm sure he is far too busy to waste time interviewing when he probably has many people qualified to do it in his place."

Gosh, Y/N, you are overthinking. If Yeosang was here, he would totally be mocking me right now. I could hear him saying something like, "Never knew a devil could feel nervous, or you're in your head again. Is it still empty?"

I balled my fist. Even when he is not here, that ass knows how to get under my skin. "No, Y/N, relax. If anybody was to walk in, they would think you were crazy."

Just as I regained my steady heartbeat, I heard the door opening to my surprise, "Mr. Min?" what the hell is he doing here.

He passed me a small smile. "Good evening, Mrs. Jung. It's a pleasure to meet you again."

"So, you will be the one interviewing me?"

He leaned against his desk, staring down into my soul. "No, I will be the one hiring you."

My brain went into overdrive, wondering if I heard him correctly. "Excuse me? W-what did you just say?"

"I typically don't like to repeat myself, but I will make an exception for you." He had a sly smirk on his face. "I am hiring you for the Chief Technology Officer position."

I choked on my saliva. "Why me? I am honored that you have chosen me for such a prestigious position but won't this cause controversy within the company. You would be putting a new hire, fresh out of college, in such a position when there are people who have been working here for years."

"And? From the moment I heard your speech, I knew you were the one, and my speaking to you personally sealed the deal that day. As for any of my employees who has something to say about my decisions, they will have to face me head-on. Them not moving up in ranks is their own problem. I don't need people in my higher rank position who will only do what is asked of them. In these positions, perfection is not perfect enough. I need people with morals, vision, and a goal that exceeds my own. I need people who see the bigger picture and take charge. I am not criticizing workers who come here just because the check is nice. If they don't stir up trouble and do their jobs, I have nothing to say because they also help keep my business growing."

I listened as he carefully chose his words debating whether I should accept his offer or not. Yes, I have always wanted to work for this company, but I never expected this. One thing I have learned living this life is handouts rarely end well. In most cases, the lender is expecting something else in return.

Yoongi interrupted my thoughts. "I know this may seem unorthodox, but I have always had an eye for raw talent. The way you captivated the audience, having them hang onto your every word is not something that could easily be done. And with this position, you must be able to capture the client's attention and get your point across clearly and effectively, all while persuading our clients to buy into your ideas. You are a natural Jung Y/N, and I need you on my team."

I guess there's my answer "Okay, mister Min Yoongi, I accept this position. By accepting this position, I will go beyond what is expected. I won't let you down, and you will not regret your decisions."

He gave me a satisfied smile. "I never do, Ms. Jung." But then, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Yoongi commanded, and in walked Jimin.

"Good morning, Y/N. I'm sure Sir Yoongi has already given you the news."

"I have just told her the good news, and I need you to show Ms. Jung to her office and give her an idea of what her daily workload would look like. Then show her around the facility. This building layout can be quite tricky for newcomers. Also, I want you to get her sized."

Jimin jotted down his tasks on his handheld. "So, we will be having another Jung working with us. Do you happen to have a brother Y/N?"

I tensed at the question remembering the aftermath of their deaths. "Had. I had a brother once."

He and Yoongi gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry to hear that I was insensitive to ask."

"No, you don't have to apologize. I can hardly remember those times, but hopefully, I get to meet this other Jung you were talking about," I said, changing the subject.

Jimin played along, understanding I wanted to divert from the sensitive topic. "Yeah, you will be working alongside him since he is the Executive Technology Officer. Shall we get going?"

"Before you leave, what's on my schedule for today."

Jimin looked down at his handheld. "Hmm, your schedule is pretty much free. The only thing you have left is today's annual shareholders meeting at one o'clock."

Yoongi adjusted his suit jacket. "Thank you, you may proceed with your tasks."

"Very well, sir. Ms. Jung, if you would be so kind as to follow me."

"Uhm, sure. Have a good rest of the day, Mr. Min." I said politely before following Jimin out of the door.

He gave me a small smile. "See you around, Ms. Jung."

As we walked around the facility, Jimin introduced me to a few managers who passed by. "Mr. Park, can I ask you something?"

He looked at me in horror. "Oh god, please don't be so formal with me. Call me Jimin. Mr. Park makes me sound older than what I am."

I chuckled. "Very well, Jimin."

"That's better. Now, what did you want to ask me?"

"What did Mr. Min mean by getting me sized?" I asked hesitantly.

He stopped in his tracks and looked at me, confused by my actions, and then chuckled, "Ah, I can see where the miscommunication would come from." He held up his right hand on his pinky finger was an eighteen-karat red and gold ring with the letter A outlined with diamonds in the center.

"He was referring to your ring. It serves as a security pass for VIP employees. Our floor is highly secured. No one can go in or out without this gold ring or a special pass for acquaintances allowed on the floor."

I looked at him, surprised. "That's a bit extreme."

"I know, but predators are always lurking, trying to take what they can't have."

"It's like security on steroids." I joked.

He laughed. "Security on steroids? That's a good one."