~|Extra|~

This is just a side story for Terushima. You don't necessarily have to read it, but if you want to know more about him and Hikaru, then I suggest checking this part out. I really don't know how to write angst, so I do apologise.

This story is more mature, its more sexual and shii, and it doesn't really focus on the strings between Hikaru and Terushima that much, it's more about why Hikaru died and stuff, so yeh.

TW; Rape, Suicide, read with caution please :)

-----------

When Terushima was a kid, he wanted nothing but to find his soulmate. He wanted to find the person who he was destined to be with forever. However, his best friend, Hikaru, was the complete opposite. He wanted nothing to do with soulmates, his words were "You can love whoever you want to, you don't need a string to tell you who you're meant to be with." They were only 8 at this time. They were too young to even understand the meaning of soulmates.

Terushima stopped believing in The Red Thread of Fate after what Hikaru said. He was right, you didn't need a string to tell you who you can love.

Then, Terushima's 16th birthday rolled around, he woke up and found a red string around his finger, a string leading to his best friend. Once he saw who he was connected to, he immediately tried to get rid of the red thread that connected the two boys. He didn't want to be connected to him, he didn't like his best friend.

Or so he thought..

----------

"Yuuji! Hurry up, Hikaru is waiting for you! Just because it's your birthday, doesn't mean you get to sit around and be late for school!" Terushima's mother yelled at him, making him flinch. This happened multiple times when he was late, It would sometimes even lead to her hurting him.

"I'm sorry.." He said in a soft voice.

"God, why can't you be more like your sister?"

"You mean living alone on the streets with a baby thanks to you?"

"What did you just say!?" His mother stormed up to him and held him by the collar.

"Speak back to me one more time and you will be living on the streets." She dropped him and walked out of the room.

Long story short, Terushima's mother kicked out his sister because she was pregnant.

Terushima quickly got up and collected his things, then walked downstairs where Hikaru was happily chatting with his mother.

"Oh good, you're ready!" His mother said cheerfully (Two-faced bitch) She quickly walked up to him and planted a kiss on his forehead.

"Have fun at school!"

Terushima and Hikaru walked out the door and headed to school.

"I heard yelling while you were inside, is everything okay?" Hikaru asked, giving Terushima a worried look.

"Yeah, she just yelled at me for being late, that's all.."

"Guess you deserved it then." He laughed.

"Yeah, guess I did.."

Hikaru noticed that Terushima was a little down, so he gave him a nudge and smiled at him.

"Let's ditch first period and go get ice cream."

"I don't know, Hikaru.."

"Dude, you're literally always up for ditching school, what's up with you? Are you upset because I didn't get you a birthday gift? I can pay for the ice cream, and that can be your gift!"