Chapter 9

⚠️Warning - Strong Language and possible trigger warning

-

Moon Jo's POV-

Currently laying in my uncomfortably stiff bed, I stare up at the ceiling as I continue to hear Jae-hyun toss and turn on his bed.

He had been doing it all night, leading both of us to not get any sleep.

He continues to huff out in discomfort until I hear him scramble out of bed.

Lifting my head up, I look over as he starts to pace back and forth, struggling to catch his breath.

His cheeks were flushed as he gripped onto his chest tightly, starting to lose his balance.

Growing concerned, I sit up just as he completely collapses.

"Holy shit, Jae-hyun!" I say as I go over to the glass.

He only attempts to breath harder as he begins to tremble.
"W-what's h-happening t-to me" he struggles to get out.

"You're probably having a panic attack, did you ever have one before?" I ask

He only frantically shakes his head no as he continues to struggle to catch his breath.
"Wh-what do I-I do?" He says

I shove my hair back as I kneel down to his level,
"You have to calm down, take deep breaths" I respond

He shakes his head again
"I-I c-can't" he says

"Yes you can, just try" I say

He then shuts his eyes, lowering his head as he tries to inhale deeply, yet fails.

"I-It hurts" he says, looking back up at me

"Keep trying, it will pass." I respond

"H-how do you k-know?" He asks

"I use to have them often when I was young, just trust me." I say

He nods as he shuts his eyes again, inhaling deeply and beginning to relax himself.

"Think of something good, think about your wife and all the good memories you both shared together." I say

He huffs out and lowers his head again, placing both his hands on the ground.

"Think about your wedding day, how happy you both must have been." I continue.

Jae-hyun then begins to steady his breathing, sniffling as he relaxes.

"And your son..." I say

Jae-hyun let's out a light chuckle as he begins to smile.

"Did he have a name yet?" I ask

His nods his head,
"Taeyong.." he says, looking back up at me with a soft smile as his eyes began to tear up.

"I'm sure you would've been a good father." I respond

Jae-hyun chuckles again as he fully catches his breath, now calming down.

"...I would like to think so" he responds.