Chapter 26

-

Nara's POV-
~Time lapse~

Now making my way to the kitchen, I smile as I pass by Kai, watching him open up his two new packs of small toy cars at the dining area table.

"Do you guys want anything else with your tea?" I ask, averting my gaze back to Moon Jo and Y/n who sat on one of the two small couches together in the living room, Mark on the second.

Yet Moon Jo only shakes his head no while Y/n speaks up.

"No thank you." She says, giving me a faint reassuring smile.

Returning the smile before turning back around, I finally grab two mugs out of the cabinet and place them on the counter, now grabbing my glass teapot and pouring the warm tea into both mugs.

Mark's POV-

"Do you guys actually live anywhere around here or..?" I then begin to ask, now shifting in my seat a bit.

"No." Moon Jo immediately answers, Nara now coming back into the living room.

"We were lost before I blacked out...but luckily Y/n found you both." He finishes.

Nara then hands both him and Y/n their mugs, to which they both gratefully accept.

Nara's POV-

"Thank you." Y/n whispers, causing me to nod and warmly smile down to her.

"Do you remember who did this to you at all, or at least what happened?" Mark continues as I now sit back down beside him.

Yet I see Y/n's face seem to instantly sadden as Moon Jo averts his gaze down to the mug in his hands.

"You don't have to answer that...at least not to us." I speak up, slightly nudging Mark's arm.

"But I truly feel you both should consider telling the police...whoever did this shouldn't get away with it." I continued.

"We know..." Y/n starts, now looking back over to me as Moon Jo then looks over to her.

Y/n's POV-

"and we will soon, but I just want Moon Jo and I to be able to stay in a safe place before anything else right now." You partly lie.

Of course you weren't going to tell anyone anything, but you did want to be in a safe place with Moon Jo more than anything.

You also wanted Nara and Mark to stop thinking about anything involving the police right now as well.

"We understand completely." Nara nods as you then look back to Moon Jo.

You then softly smile, now seeing his gaze soften at you before he deeply inhaled, now turning his gaze back to Nara and Mark.

Moon Jo's POV-

"I uh...I want to thank you both for your help, and for the clothes.." I start, struggling to even speak the words.

I couldn't remember the last time I thanked anyone.

Or even determine if I even actually felt thankful towards them.

But I knew I had to at least say it for all they've done.

"and I apologize for any trouble I might have caused...especially for your son." I finished.

Yet both Mark and Nara shake their heads.

"Don't worry about Kai, this wasn't any trouble at all. Just being able to help you both is what mattered most." Nara speaks up.