Chapter 11 - Ryuga

Zyro, Shinobu, Ren and Maru walked calmly inside the biggest stadium of the city. They were expecting the ceremony to honour Ryuga and Ace to be a big event, but they weren't expecting it to be so great. Then, they began recognizing some faces. There were a lot of important bladers there.

Gingka, Kenta and Yuki were there. They also saw Kyoya and Benkei talking to Aguma, Dashan and Bao. Near the green-haired blader were Madoka, Alexei and Lera. They could spot Tithi and Yu with King and Masamune as well. Dynamis, Chris and Tsubasa were talking to each other too just like Kira was doing with Sophie, Julian and Brandon.

Their eyes were shining. They had never seen so many strong bladers together. But they soon changed when they saw Ryuto. Next to him was Sakyo. What was he doing there?

'Hello,' they heard a familiar voice.

It was Kira. They were so shocked to see Sakyo there that they didn't notice the lady approaching. She was wearing a black high-low dress that had two dragons in the inner part of the skirt.

'The ceremony will start in a couple of minutes. Your sits will have your names on them,' she informed with a smile.

The group of young bladers looked to their right to see some chairs all lined up in front of a stage. There was a microphone there. That was probably for the speeches some people would make.

Soon, everyone walked to the chairs and sat. The speeches were about to begin. Ryo and Gingka were the first ones to walk on the stage. They didn't say much, but their words were meaningful. Aguma, Dynamis and Kenta said some words about Ryuga while Tsubasa spoke about Ace too. As expected, Kira's speech was the most emotional and meaningful.

'Today marks seven years since Ryuga died to save us. He never seemed to be altruistic and he never was. But he realized we needed him and that we needed his help, so he did what needed to be done. I can still remember the look on his eyes when he said goodbye... he wasn't sad. He was happy that we were going to win,' the lady said pausing many times between words. 'Ace's death was different, though. He wasn't happy... he was just accepting his fate. It still hurts to know he's gone, but I've learnt how to live without him. I will never forget them. They are in the air I breathe, and they are watching over me.'

After those emotional words, Kira took the microphone stand on her hands and walked to the centre of the stage while the curtain hiding the rest of the stage fell to reveal Black Sakura and Brandon ready to begin playing. The lady placed the mic stand in the backstage and then joined her friend and the band with a new mic stand in her hands.

A melancholic and sad melody began as Kira walked to the front of the stage again and place the microphone stand there.

'I close my eyes and count to ten

The seconds turn to years and slowly

I've been recognizing everything

Through an adolescent mind

It's so dark here...

It's so dark here...

And for the first time'

The melody was becoming heavier as Kira low and dark voice sang the first verses. The song had just begun, but everyone could already feel the heaviness of it.

Zyro and his friends were feeling goosebumps as the lady sang. Shinobu even closed his eyes to pay more attention to Kira's voice, but he opened them soon after that when he began hearing growls instead of clean vocals.

'I feel alive, but you're not here!' Kira sang standing still in front of the mic and feeling all her emotion being released.

'Life, it changes,' Brandon joined his friend by doing the unclean vocals of that line while Kira did the cleans.