Chapter 20 - The Phoenix and The Lion

Kira woke up in a dark and cold room. She wasn't tied and she could move freely. Then, she looked around her. The room's walls were made of steel just like Dark Nebula's. The door in front of her was made of steel as well, but the Legendary Blader should be able to break it easily using her beyblade. The lady put her hand inside the left hidden pocket of her jacket to get Phoenix.

Then, her eyes widen. Phoenix wasn't whole and the locator and microphone weren't there. They had found out. They had found out! She hurried to get every single one of Phoenix pieces from her pocket. The Elemental Wheel was missing!

'Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck!' Kira cursed as she got up and punched the wall behind her. 'How could I be so stupid! Of course, he wanted the ruby wheel! He wants to analyse it! How could you be so stupid, Kira!? Now it's all over. They won. Because of my overconfidence!'

Kira was beyond frustrated. She was mad and she was sad. She wouldn't be able to get out of that room without her beyblade. She was trapped. She had lost. She had broken the promise she had made to Kyoya.

The strong blader was so tired. She was tired of fights. She was tired of Doji and his schemes, but they never seemed to end. He always returned somehow, and she was tired of that. And now; now she had lost. Phoenix didn't have its elemental wheel and without that, she couldn't use it.

Kira pressed her forehead against the steel wall as tears began rolling down her cheeks. In the end, Doji always won... he always found a way to return and to win again. Always. First, he took Ace, then Ryuga... maybe Kira's turn had finally come. That was the end. She was slowly realizing that as she turned around and leaned against the cold wall just to fall on her knees right after.

Her head was down, and her tears were falling to the ground. Who would have guessed her story was going to end so soon...

'What the hell are you doing!?' Kira heard a familiar voice and slowly lift her head to look at the person in front of her.

It was Ryuga. She couldn't believe it.

'R-Ryuga?' she murmured in disbelief. 'You're here...'

'I'm always here,' he replied looking at the female. 'Now, get up and show that bastard what the Dragon Empress is made of! Finish him for me!'

Kira wanted to do that, but Phoenix elemental wheel was missing.

'They took Phoenix elemental wheel,' she confessed looking down with rage. 'I was so stupid. Why did I even think I could end him all by myself... Not even when I had Ace I was able to end him!'

Ryuga chuckle at Kira's words making her look at him with confusion in her light teal eyes.

'Do you really think Kyoya would let you come here alone?' the spirit said. 'Don't you know your boyfriend? He's too protective. He would never leave you alone, especially in a moment like this!'

That was when Kira felt something in the right hidden pocket of her jacket. The female brought her hand to her chest and noticed something in the pocket. Her eyes widen with surprise as she hurried to get that thing out of her pocket. When she saw what it was, her lips turned into a smile. It was Defender Leone's Warrior Wheel and the tool needed to join it with Phoenix.

'Now, show Doji who the strongest blader is!' Ryuga spoke. His tone was authoritative but there was still some kindness in his words.

'Thank you,' Kira replied while getting up with the Synchrome beyblade already set up, 'for watching over me.'

Ryuga smiled and then said, 'thank you for saving me.'

After those words, his spirit turned to stardust and left Kira alone once again in the cold room. The Legendary Blader got her launcher and beyblade ready and aimed at the steel door. Then, she launched her bey and broke the door down.