Chapter 19 - An Old Enemy

'You have a meeting in ten minutes with Tsubasa and Madoka, boss,' Chris informed Kira right after she entered his black car.

'I hate morning meetings,' the lady complained.

The two Legendary Bladers headed to the WBBA and then Kira went to Tsubasa's office where he and Madoka were already waiting for her.

'How was your vacation?' Madoka asked with a smile.

'Should have last longer,' the female with red hair replied.

'I think one month is good enough!' Tsubasa commented. 'I still want to know how you spent those two weeks in Greece though. There's not that much to visit there.'

'We spent our time in a resort,' the Legendary Blader spoke not wanting them to know she had spent some time at the Beylin Temple training.

Then, the three friends began discussing more serious matters that included the organization of a tournament to decide which bladers would be joining Zyro, Shinobu and Kite in the team that would represent Japan in a future world tournament. The announcement of that qualification tournament would be that day, so they needed to review some details.

Everything went according to what they had planned and soon the day of the tournament arrived. The stadium had extra security due to DNA's previous attempts to invade Beyblade parks. However, and despite the security, Kira and Madoka were still worried while Benkei was confident that the guards would be able to hold off any attempts to break inside the stadium.

'Okay, everybody, let the tournament begin right now!' Blader Guy exclaimed and every blader in the stadium got ready to battle. 'Let's go, people! 3, 2, 1! Let it rip!!!'

Many battles began with that countdown, but Kira had her eyes in only one and her friends noticed that.

'Keeping an eye on Ren, I see,' Tsubasa commented.

'I have been training her since the tournament was announced,' the red-haired lady explained.

'You have?' a shocked Benkei asked.

'Yes, almost twice a week after your training,' Kira clarified.

'That explains a lot...' the purple-haired male spoke quietly as he recalled episodes during his training sessions when Ren had shown everyone some advanced techniques he hadn't teach the group yet.

'Well, at least, nothing weird as happened so far out there,' Maru who was watching the battles with the WBBA members commented changing the subject of the conversation.

'Of course, nothing's happened!' Benkei replied showing again his thrust in the WBBA guards. 'The WBBA is putting everything it has in the security for the event.'

'Everything isn't enough sometimes,' Kira reminded in a serious tone.

'Exactly,' Madoka agreed. 'We can't relax yet. After making that declaration they made,' the mechanic said mentioning Baihu Xiao and what he had said when invading the WBBA park weeks before, 'they must know that we've tightened up security around here, for sure!'

'Yes,' the white-haired man spoke calmly as usual. 'And we know DNA is being run by the Garcia family, remember?'

'And by Doji, probably,' Kira insisted.

'So I really doubt they are just going to give up,' he finished.

'Man, you guys can really put a damper on a day, did you know that?' Benkei said feeling less enthusiastic about the whole competition.

Kira was going to say something but the heated battle between Eight and another blader stopped her. The blue-haired kid had really gotten stronger since the last time she had seen him fight. However, Ren would never lose the special place she had in the Legendary Blader's heart; especially now that she had just won a battle becoming the first blader to win a fight that day along with Eight.