10. your fantasy

L

Louis saw his two friends and approached by the lockers the next morning before first period. Lexie stopped talking as soon as Louis came to stand next to them.

"Louis..." she started out carefully as if she were diffusing a bomb, "are you really dating Ashley?"

The boys looked at each other and burst out laughing so hard that Louis had to put his hand on Liam's shoulder and gasp for air. Liam was the first to speak, "Who started that rumor? That's outrageous!"

As soon as Louis calmed down enough to speak he playfully answered Lexie who was standing there, arms crossed and an eyebrow raised as she looked at him.

"It's not real. Don't believe everything you hear babe. Do you seriously think I would date that annoying basic that I don't even know? Come on, where did you hear that?"

"I was just asking! I heard it from..." she paused and her face reddened. "Ashley's best friend in homeroom. Damnit how was I so gullible? Ugh, sorry I've been gone a week and-"

"Lexie it's okay I love you, but have some faith in me. I'll have to set it straight. I won't let these rumors drag me down."

Liam nodded, "Seriously what the hell is wrong with those two? Are they just hell bent on ruining your life? Take a fucking hint, he doesn't want you. Bye basic be gone." They all started laughing again and then Louis noticed what Lexie was wearing.

"Lexie what the fuck, why are you wearing a jersey for the US women's soccer team? You don't even watch soccer. You go to my games with Liam but never know who won at the end, or anything that happened during. Too busy fangirling over Mr. Horan."

Lexie had been fond of Mr. Horan for years now, but she always kept it under wraps, simply admiring from afar and venting her frustrations to Louis and Liam while she laid on her bed with an arm flung across her forehead dramatically for a few minutes. Then it was on to other topics far more important as far as Louis and Liam were concerned, such as which color would be the new black that season. Lexie didn't know that Louis was gay, or at least didn't say it. She would ask him for fashion advice and said he was the most classy and sassy guy at school.

Her cheeks were pink with embarassment. "Well, I kind of tested out of Spanish last week so I could transfer into your gym class Louis." The boy got excited and hugged her.

"Yay Lexie! Oh my god that's so exciting but how the fuck did you manage that?"

She shrugged. "Feebie watches so much Spanish tv it must have filtered into my brain. Little diva perched on her zebra bean bag, guess she ships me and Mr. Horan."

"How does Feebie change the channels Lexie, are you serious?" Liam asked.

"She isn't stupid okay Liam, she just steps on the remote until it gets to the channel with all the people speaking rapid fire Spanish."

Louis giggled. "Okay I seriously doubt that, I'll have to see it with my own eyes at some point."

"Well believe it or not, I'm coming with you first period." She smiled and ran a hand through her blonde hair, straightening out her jersey and gym shorts.

"Come on then. Can't wait to see you throw yourself at the gym teacher."

Louis and Lexie managed to get on the same team, and when Mr. Horan told her, "Great catch, Lexie!" and beamed at her, a pink blush slowly crept up her cheeks and she cleared her throat.

"Thank you, Mr. Horan! I've been practicing."

Louis coughed and muttered, "Bullshit."

"Be quiet," she whispered back playfully. "You know you ship Nexie."