Chapter 12

Zylina's point of view

I woke up feeling like I had been in a coma for years. I heard someone say, "Alright, you're all done. Didn't take as long as I thought it would." I knew it was Dr. Ezra's voice and I answered back, "I'm dizzy." My breathing was deep as I inhaled and exhaled; it was like each breath I took was a sigh of relief that the surgery was over.

"You will feel a little sleepy and dizzy for the rest of the day. My advice is that you lie down and rest when you get to your destination." Dr. Ezra advised. I nodded weakly, but finally noticed the stinging pain in my neck. I went up to feel it, and felt a large bandage on the side of my neck. "Will it scar?" I asked. "Only a little bit. Don't worry you won't have a giant scar on the side of your neck for the rest of your life." Dr. Ezra answered. I looked around the room and for the first time I realized Rory was nowhere in sight. "Where's-" "Rory is in the waiting room, I'll go get him." Dr. Ezra cut in, before leaving the room.

My muscles relaxed as I let myself lay down. I think the tranquilizer still had a small effect on me, because I was starting to doze off again when the door opened back up. "Still sleepy Zylina?" I heard Rory joke. "Yeah, I think I'll be like this all day." I answered. "She should be back to normal tomorrow, and then she can take off the bandage in a week or two." Dr. Ezra said, as I tried sitting up. "Thanks Dr. Ezra, how much do I owe you?" Rory asked, getting his wallet out. "You can pay me next time you pass through, but I won't charge you much." Dr. Ezra answered. "Are you sure?" Rory replied. Dr. Ezra nodded and helped me to my feet, and it felt like I had just stepped on rubber; I couldn't get a foothold and I wobbled around.

Rory helped me out to the car, and sat me in the passenger seat. "Wanna go get lunch?" he asked, getting into the driver's seat. "Yeah," I mumbled. I was trying my best not to doze off, as we started to drive, but eventually I closed my eyes so I could rest for a minute.

"Zylina, we're here." I heard Rory say, after what seemed like only moments. I looked out the car windows; we were at a two-story, sky blue and white color, house. "You're parents'?" I asked stretching a little. "Yup, you ready to meet them?" Rory answered. I looked at the back seat; there were two bags of grocery bags filled with lunch food. "I'm ready." I stated, opening the door. My legs were less wobbly, but still shaky; I didn't need help, but I did ask Rory for help, because it felt like I was going to topple down the stairs that led to the front porch.

Rory knocked on the metal, white door, and we waited for an answer. Moments later a woman with grayish and black hair, and sharp green eyes, opened the door and gave out a squeal of happiness and excitement. "Hey mom." Rory responded, as he was forced into an embrace. Rory's mom kissed her son on the cheek and said, "Your father wanted to be here, but he had some business with one of his renters." "That's alright, um, mom, this is my friend I went to go get." Rory introduced me. Rory's mom faced me and hugged me tightly; I almost fell over when she let go. I heard Rory chuckle, and I gave him an angry glare.

"I'm Zylina." I said, giving her a bright smile. "I know, my son told me so much about how much he cared about you. If you are like his sister, then I will gladly accept you as our daughter." Rory's mom said, leading us inside. I was shocked about how nice she was to me; I know Rory had told me that his parents said that they would treat me like their own daughter, but his mom accepted me more quickly than I thought she would. I just hope Rory's dad would be the same.

Rory's mom closed the door behind us, and exclaimed, "Your dad should be here in a couple hours Rory, but I guess we'll have to wait for him before having dinner." Rory smiled, turned to me, and said, "The house has a guest bedroom upstairs if you wanna get some sleep, Little Z." I rubbed my eyes and yawned before saying, "Yeah, thanks, both of you." "No problem Zylina, the room is the last door on the right." Rory's mom mentioned. I nodded and went up the stairs to go to bed.  

TBC...