Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Eight years later...

"Agent Z, can you hear me, Agent Z." Luke said, on the other side of my earpiece. "I can hear you loud and clear. I have eyes on the target and pursuing him right now." I replied, trying not to catch any unwanted attention as I walked through the crowded street of New York City. " You need to fall back. Boss has another target for you." Luke replied.

I stopped in my tracks, and brought my right hand to my right ear to make it look like I was talking on a phone, since I had a hoodie covering my head. "What?" I questioned. "Yeah, you need to grab a bus and head to downtown Brooklyn, I'll give you further instructions there." Luke explained. I mentally groaned, turned around, and headed to the bus stop.

I was in downtown Brooklyn in an hour, and when I got off I asked, "What's next, Luke?" "Okay, walk straight to the next corner then go right, you should end up at a café." I started walking in the direction Luke told me to go and, what do you know, I did end up at a café.

"There should be a man in a black T-shirt, grey leather jacket, and grey baseball cap sitting at one of the tables on the... right." Luke told me. I looked around, scanning the outside tables for the mystery man. I spotted him, or I hope it was him and sat down in front of him at the table. "Are you Agent Z?" he asked. I nodded, but said nothing. He pulled what looked like to be a small CD and slid it over to me. "That is a list of new recruits for the Academy. It's important you get it to the Boss." he said. I nodded again, and stuck the disk in my pocket before leaving.

I walked down the sidewalk and avoided eye contact with the people on the street. I kept my composure as I felt eyes burning into the back of my neck; someone's following me.

I quickened my pace and said into the earpiece, "Luke there's someone on my tail." I risked a quick glance over my shoulder and saw a young man navigating through the crowd. "Okay, hang on, .... There should be a car waiting to pick you up at the next crosswalk." I kept a non-suspicious pace and kept going. I saw the familiar sight of one one of the spy academy vehicles and hopped in the front seat. "Sorry I'm late." said, the driver. "It's alright, let's go." I replied, buckling up. The driver stepped on the gas and we drove away.

"You'd get the disk, Zyl?" the driver asked. "My name is-" "I know Zylina. Did you get the disk?" the driver interrupted. I nodded and pulled it out of my pocket. The driver nodded in approval, and continued to drive. I meant to just glance out the window for a second, but I saw someone staring at me at the crosswalk, but it was someone I thought I'd never see again; Rory! He turned and walked away, and soon he was out of sight. "Are you alright?" the driver asked. "Yeah, just thought I saw something." I replied. I rolled up my sleeve and saw the silver cuff around my left wrist; He can't be back, he just can't be back. 

To be continued...