Chapter 16

Zylina's point of view

Rory nodded at me, and I took it as a gesture to listen to Cree though I didn't want to. I know how ruthless Cree can be when he's on missions; I saw him kill someone even when we needed that person alive. Without taking my eyes off of Cree, I slowly shut the door and turned the lock. I shuffled my way over alongside Rory and waited for what Cree wanted to say.

"You alright?" I asked, as Cree went through our things. "I'm fine. You?" he asked back. In response I nodded, but I was lying; Memories from Cree pushing me around when I was younger were creeping into my mind, and it was painful. I guess Rory saw the terror behind my brave looking eyes, and whispered, "We'll get out of here." I hope he was right about that.

Cree decided that he had enough searching through our things, and said, "Well, Zylina, you're coming with me. Boss wants you alive. Rory on the other hand, the boss doesn't care if I bring you in or I kill you right here and now, and I've chosen the latter." Cree jammed the gun into Rory's chest, but I took the opportunity and kicked the back of his leg. He crumpled to the ground, and before he could recover Rory punched him straight in the jaw bone. As Cree fell to the floor unconscious, I asked, "Now what?" Rory looked over at me, his face serious, and responded, "Now we get out of here. I'll report Cree to the motel manager, pay, and then we leave. Get the bags to the car!"

I nodded, grabbed the bags and ran out to the car. Opening the trunk and stuffing our things inside, I saw Rory and who I assumed was the motel manager running toward the room. Rory gave the manager some money for the damage we had caused, and came sprinting towards me. "The manager's going to get the police, and so we should probably leave now." Rory reported. "I agree let's go." I replied, tumbling into the passenger seat. Rory got into the driver's seat, groaned, then said, "They knew who I am now. When I came and got you I was wearing a mask, and they had no idea who I was, but now they know who I am and that you joined me. Things just got a whole lot harder for us."

I sighed, and said, "You wanted to get the Academy exposed. If it takes two rogue agents to make that happen I'm willing to have a bit of risk getting caught." "Yeah, but what about my parents?" Rory exclaimed. His Parents! I never even thought about them and how much danger they could be in because of our presence. "I'm calling them." Rory said, getting his phone out and dialing a number. He held the phone by his ear, a moment passed, then he started saying, "Hey mom... Yes we're fine.... We need you and dad to leave Philadelphia....Because the Spy Organization just found us....They could find out where you guys live and target you....Okay, I love you too Mom and tell Dad I said hi....bye." After that he hung up and set the phone back into the cupholder.

"Are they going to leave?" I asked. "Yeah, they're going to live with some relatives in Texas." Rory responded, turning on the ignition. "We have to be alert at all times, so no one can get the jump on us." I said, as Rory turned out of the parking lot. "Yeah, we do." Rory agreed. "So where are we going next?" I asked, turning my head to look out the night sky. "We'll drive to the next town over and find us a place to rest. You can go to sleep if you want, and I'll wake you up when we get there." Rory explained. I nodded and laid my head on the cool window; the cold feeling that came from the glass relaxed my body and muscles and I slipped into darkness. 

TBC...