Chapter Twenty// Talk To You Later

I am making a playlist of this book and it's so long. I am only up to Chapter twenty and it is ten hours long. That is a lot of songs but I do love this book and I do love the music of this (1984 and before then) era. 

If you want me to make this playlist public please let me know. When I am done I probably will but I mean beforehand. Please leave a comment. 

Don't forget to show some love!

Chapter Twenty//Talk to You Later

It was feeling like everything kept living in slow motion for Charlie Gillespie. When Mike ran off the roof it was all a slow swift action, him falling into the pool....Charlie going down onto the ground watching the man dying and his soul leaving his body. And now? It was feeling like Vince got up and Charlie looking at him leaving. The gulp he gave to himself as the awaited questions were slowly going on. The police officer shutting the door hard woke him up from it and all at once Charlie understood what was happening to him fully. It wasn't fair is what was happening but it was still happening regardless if he wanted it or not. The man took the seat into his hands and screeched the chair legs onto the ground harshly as he moved the chair. He sat down and folded the pieces of paper in front of me, "you do realize you might be in trouble, son?"

Charlie gulped again and then nodded as he leaned forward into his seat a little. He looked at the clock. He was supposed to be in front of a stage right now. Probably singing Ants Marching or whatever song they decided on. What if they decided to sing his song. His single debut would have happened if someone didn't rat him or someone out. Someone from that concert ratted the whole band or group out and probably saw Charlie leaving the scene last. Shit. Maybe his prints were on the man and they drew the conclusion of the man being murdered. Charlie leaving the site last and the death of the man being called homicide wasn't working in his favor. 

Charlie was innocent though. The officer needed to know that. He could bring up his file right there and see the only thing Charlie has ever done in his life up to this point was steal a gum stick. The stick was from a store and he was curious so he did it and the cashier caught him. Charlie was only eleven. But that would be gone off of his record now. Maybe the officer knew Charlie was a good kid by just looking at him. A person couldn't be marked down by a simple action with a gum stick. A gum stick that cost ten cents anywhere but was a buck fifty. It was a filthy little business that store was doing that summer and Charlie really just wanted gum for the cheap price again. 

"I wouldn't guess you knew why I actually made you wait so damn long, have you got a clue?" the officer glared from the pack of papers and Charlie shook his head. The man nodded a little nod and then put the papers into a neat corner of the table. He set it aside fully and then he dug in his pockets. He grabbed a deck of card and Charlie furrowed his eyebrows. He wasn't into the whole watching criminal documentaries and stuff but he knew for sure this wasn't something that most officers wouldn't do. The man was a weird individual without a doubt as he laid out the cards to be ready to play solitaire. Charlie groaned to himself as the man started to play the game. After a few plays the man would look at Charlie and then start to play his little game again. Charlie felt like a little mouse now. The game this man was playing was with his head and Charlie really didn't like it. he felt like this man was running on nothing but time now, "I bet you didn't know that we waited for a lawyer. We didn't wanna ask ya any questions without a lawyer present. It's the law unfortunately. And with your luck kid," the man roll away a card and it was an ace. He put it on top of the game right away, "I follow the law. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it I made you wait so long. But honest to God. I do know I can hold you until we find one. We can even hold you in a cell."