Chapter Two// Mama Tried

One of these scenes made my heart melt. I am not going to lie. I hope everyone continues reading this story. I sat down last night and wrote everything out. I've never had that much passion in so long!! ENJOY!!!

Chapter Two// Mama Tried

          As far as Charlie knew or could tell Mama tried to be there for Phil. Tried her best to raise him as good as good could be.

There were times when she wanted to tell her kids "go play in a freeway" and actually mean it.

There were times when all she wanted was the best for her children but all that she got back from them was no love. Barely a mention.

Charlie was there a lot. Don't get the wrong idea because he was a total Mamas boy but there was a time in every kids life where they would follow the bigger brother.

It was Phil. He was an inconsiderate and disrespectful son in her eyes.

In her eyes there was this boy still age ten walking around doing whatever and with whoever without any consequences.

Mama tried to raise him better but with her pleading he denied any love. She just sat there like a lost long puppy while he was throwing garage parties.

While she was trying to make him dinner and teach him about how to treat a woman, he was gathering compliments like he could make it to the big leagues.

She tried so hard to get him outside of any conflict and most of the time when it came down to his friends all of it was conflict. Or at least end in it anyway.

Mama tried to let Phil do what he does best and that was him being a good brother to Charlie. But sometimes when he came home it was a different picture.

One minute he could be playing with Charlie and the next he would be punching a wall in. It was a never ending cycle....how can we get passed this and be a family?

The thing was though...Charlie didnt understand what was going on he could only scratch the service and sometimes even that didnt help him. He saw what was on top of the iceberg not what happened underneath when it collided with the Titanic.

He only understood a few things. Why Phil and Mama couldn't get along wasnt one of them.

She tried to make him feel better in any scenario but Phil being in his teens wasn't allowing the affection.

The family was a distress and they knew it....but Mama tried.

Mama tried to pick up the pieces but year after year around the same time she would fall in the hole.

The 'Phillip' hole or "your daddy left us when he was going to the store' hole.

It was only Charlie and Mama. And quite frankly when it was Christmas time it was only Charlie. Charlie always got himself socks, shoes, and guitar strings.

One guitar and it's the same one that he has had for eight years. That same day he opened his door to several boxes of vinyls....Beach Boys, Beatles, Elton John, Def Lepard, Fleetwood Mac, Queen, Stevie Wonder, and so many more.

You name it and Charlie had it in his fingertips. He would play it softly though because the hard stuff Mama would believe that it was the devils music.

Mama always tried to come in and take it from him but somehow it turned to them dancing to Merle Haggard, Kenny Roger's, Marty Robbins, or George Jones.

He always promised her to never leave her and she promised him her last breath.

There was lies but those lies got covered up by music to Mama. Anything for Mama.