Little Sister: 2

Mr. Reddington and I sat in a booth at my local café. He put his fork and knife down.

"How's the family life? Quite the predicament." Mr. Reddington chuckled. I rolled my eyes and gave a small smile.

"Fine, really. I quite like Schitt's Creek;  it's peaceful." My eyes traveled through the small café and spotted Mom with Aunt DeeDee. I averted my gaze.

"What?" I heard my companion question. 

"My step-mom is over there with her sister." I ran a hand down my face, "They've been at each other's throats ever since I moved in with them at four." Mr. Reddington's eyebrows raised and he gave me an amused grin. We finished up lunch and exited the café.

"Well," Mr. Reddington glanced at his watch, "I'm afraid I have to go. I'm meeting Lizzie in a bit. It was great seeing you, Evan." I hugged him and we went our separate ways. 

** 

As I walked to the motel I heard shouting. I rest my ear against the door. This is what I heard.

"I don't want her money I want our money she owes us! We loaned her $50,000!" Mom shouted.

"We GAVE her $50,000!" Dad retorted, "And you spent more money on wigs that year! I don't see anyone else lining up to give us checks!"

"Why don't you take some of Evan's money then? If his house was so great, then he could give us something." She said. I was livid and I opened the door.

"My money is NOT something you can ask for, you uncultured swine! I am not obligated to give it to you!" I slammed the door, "Generations of Gaunts created that fortune! How dare you insult it and me as something expendable!" Dad and Mom looked at me in shock.

" I am sick and TIRED of you complaining! Do you want to know why I haven't given you a penny? It's because I think that Schitts Creek can bring you all together as a FAMILY! I'm trying to give you something I lost!" Tears flew down my cheeks. I huffed, "Why do I even bother? It isn't like you'll get it through that DAFT head of yours!" I walked to my trunk and removed the blanket and pillow. Then I grabbed Zephyr. 

" Have a nice day." I walked out of the room. I apparated to a mansion near Elmdale. I entered the mansion. I heard two cracks behind me. Taffy and Fred grabbed each of my luggage.

"Take it up to the master bedroom, please." I sighed and walked to the kitchen. I made myself a steak and mashed potatoes. Then I ate alone at the table. 

Third POV

Johnny and Moira entered the motel room after having lunch with Dee Dee. The two expected that Thomas would've been back waiting for them.

"I can't believe it." Johnny's jaw dropped, "He actually left." He fell on the bed. Moira looked solemnly at the place his trunk used to be as she comforted her crying husband. David and Alexis entered. They looked at the couple sitting on the bed.

"Where's Evan" David asked. The two looked at Johnny and Moira expectantly.

"We got into an argument and he left," Moira said softly. David and Alexis paled slightly before leaving. The two decided to get ready for bed with heavy hearts. Moira went into the bathroom as Johnny changed into his nightclothes. He took the check out and put it on the bedside. Johnny rubbed the stubborn tears away and put on his nightshirt.

"It will be alright, John. We'll call the police in the morning." Moira assured herself and him. Johnny nodded absentmindedly. He looked at the check. Johnny shook his head.

"So this is it? After all that? And we paid for the dinner. So we lost money on the whole deal." Johnny sighed, "I'll tell ya, she's gonna be embarrassed when this thing gets cashed. She will be embarrassed. She missed a zero. Moira, she missed a zero; or two. I.. you know what. I'm gonna call her. I'm calling her right now, that... What a cheap a** amount." He ranted.

"Turn your light off, John," Moira said. He folded up the check.

"Your sister is a cheap a** ." He muttered.

With Evan 

Evan looked over the large estate in a bathrobe. He heaved a sigh and dejectedly walked into his bedroom. Evan carefully pulled out a picture of a three-year-old him and his mom. In the photo, the silver-haired woman picked up a younger Evan and spun him around. Evan smiled softly and laid on the bed. The enchanted, starry ceiling gleamed on the pale face of Evan, his green eyes gleaming with sadness. He turned over and shut his eyes.

"They deserve it." He muttered