sixteen.

icu - phoebe bridgers

+++

Taehyung could sense that Jungkook was a little mad at him for yesterday's party. to be fair - the idea to set his friends up for no other reason than them being gay was, well ... stupid and insensitive. but when he realized that, it was already too late.

and don't even get him started on seeing the two giggle together - he couldn't help but feel a little jealous... why? he had no idea. back to the point.

they were barely speaking again and it drove Taehyung nuts. he tried everything - being overly nice to the younger, teasing him, asking if he could help make food. nothing worked. his answers stayed as short as ever.

the boy's stomach growled. he didn't eat anything at lunchtime - his cooking was still awful and Jungkook only made ramen for himself. speaking of the younger, he was sitting outside on the back porch. cross legged with his head tipped foreword, sleeping in the shadow, both cats snuggled up in his arms. Taehyung pouted. even snowball chose Jungkook over him.

the older tiptoed outside, kneeled behind the other. the sleeping boy wore a blue sweater (probably the only item of clothing he owned that wasn't black or white), and had the hood pulled over his head. Taehyung put his arms around Jungkook, linked his fingers at the front. his chin rested on top of the younger's shoulder. warm fabric on his cheek, the steady movements of the other's chest.

"what do you want?"

the sigh. the annoyance in his tone. the older hugged him even tighter.

"please make me some food. i'm dying."

no answer. this time, Taehyung sighed. he let go, crawled in front of Jungkook, bowed with his head low, his hand's on the other's knees. he would do anything for a good dinner.

"your highness, lord of all food and good meals, creator of the perfect ramen, please don't let your subjects go hungry."

the sun was burning his back. but he could hear the younger chuckle. though the moment he dared to take a peak at the other's face - it stopped. nose held up high, emotionless expression in his eyes.

"not enough."

"uhm... let's have a movie night! this evening, on the tv in my room. we can watch whatever movies you want. you decide. and i'll get your favorite snacks from the store."

he waited for an answer. and waited. and waited. and waited. ready to start whining, he looked up again and met eyes with a smiling Jungkook. a small, shy smile. Taehyung was so happy, he tackled the other with a hug, making him fall on his back.

"thank you so so so so much! i promise, i will never do something so stupid again. i hate it when we don't talk. see you in 10 minutes."

quick peck on the cheek before he jumped up and ran out the door. Jungkook on the other hand, didn't move an inch. arms and legs stretched out and away from his body, his face the color of a tomato. wide eyes and a big grin on his lips. cat licked his cheek, confused why he was acting all weird.