twentyfive.

freakin' out on the interstate - briston maroney

+++

"if that isn't my favorite baby gay! come sit down Jungkook!"

Jimin pulled the younger into a tight hug and made him sit down beside him. he pushed a drink in his hand - pina colada. it tasted bittersweet. it didn't take long for Jungkook to get tipsy. he barely ever drank, his body wasn't used to the liquor. but Jungkook was happy to see the older. it was hard to survive a party when you're a shy introvert.

"Jimin, can i ask u something?"

"yes."

Alcohol changes people. some get tired, some start to do stupid stuff and other's think with every cup they drink, their dancing gets better - Jungkook starts to overthink and becomes very honest. he probably would've asked the older for advice sooner or later anyway. but with his third cup of pina colada in his hand, he had to make space for his thoughts.

"since you're the only friend that knows about uhm ... me and ... Taehyung - i can't tell anyone else... "

while Jungkook's cheeks warmed up a little (his embarrassment mixed with the alcohol), Jimin had a proud look on his face. in a way, he was the matchmaker. happy that his accidental spill off tea, led his friends to what they were now... he frowned. what even were they? friends (with benefits)? boyfriends? he had to dig into that topic after Jungkook asked him for advice.

"and that is actually already the problem... the whole ... thing between me and Taehyung is somewhat of a ...secret? at home we do all these cute things - cuddle, kiss and ... stuff, you know? but the moment we leave the house, it all stops. and i know that it's because we're both new to this all and that's no problem - but i have a feeling that Taehyung sees it as a problem. which it isn't ! but the way i know him he's probably overthinking it - but i don't want him to but i also want to be all lovey dovey in public and with Taehyung together, i feel like i can be all that but i don't want to push him into somethi-"

the words just fell out of Jungkook's mouth, he didn't even stop to take a breath. it seemed like he would never stop. so Jimin laid both his hands on the other's shoulders and shook him roughly. the younger stopped talking immediately, big doe eyes and blushy cheeks.

"Jungkook, listen to yourself. i don't even think you need me, you practically answered all your questions. everything is a secret, because you both are afraid of peoples reactions, which is okay, and Taehyung is new to the whole 'kissing boys' thing in general. give it some time. and since i know that your final question would've been 'what should i do now?" here's the answer - just talk to Taehyung. i mean you guys are dating now. in a relationship, you should be able to talk about all that."

as he looked into Jungkook's innocent eyes, his own grew wide in realization. he recalled the mental note of asking what type of realtionship his two friends have.

"you guys are in a relationship - right?"

in that very moment, Taehyung decided to show up from the kitchen and sat down on the couch as well. he handed one of the cups to Jungkook, who took a big gulp, eyes wide. Jimin gasped dramatically.

"you haven't asked him to be your boyfriend yet?!"