thirtyfour.

the lighthouse keeper - sam smith

+++

"so how is it at your aunt's house?"

"Taehyung, to say that they are some of the nicest people i have ever met, would be an understatement. i never knew that having dinner with your family could be so nice."

the older could see Jungkook's bright smile through the screen of his phone. both were laying in bed, their blankets pulled up to their chin, messy hair falling in their eyes.

"i miss you Jungkook."

the younger's lips formed a pout before he placed kisses all over his phone's camera. they giggled together. the older could hear Jungkook's uncle calling him from downstairs.

"i miss you too. i hope you have fun at uni today."

'Takotsubo cardiomyopathy' describes the sudden temporary weakening of the muscular portion of the heart. it usually appears after a significant stressor, either physical or emotional. when caused by the latter, the condition is sometimes called 'broken heart syndrome' - so a broken heart can lead to death. now, Taehyung was nowhere near dying, but his heart definitely shattered into multiple pieces every time the younger hung up their call.

Taehyung didn't plan on going to university that day. he called in sick, felt too weak and tired to get up from bed. after they said goodbye to each other, the older shut his phone and stared at the wall. to see the younger happy at his aunts house didn't turn him sad, in fact, he was actually happy for him. but not knowing when he will see his boyfriend again made him uneasy.

one week. they've been apart for just one week, but for Taehyung it seemed like forever. he had printed out all the pictures he owned of the younger and hung them up on the memory wall in his room. now, one of his favorite things to do was sitting on his bed, wrapped up in a blanket, with snowball in his lap, staring at the photos. some of his favorites were the ones he took of the younger for his fashion portfolio. how oblivious he was back then. he knew that the way he looked at Jungkook was different compared to his other friends but he never thought that it was because of a crush he had.

he reached out to take one of the pictures down. to take a closer look at it. he only took it recently. a polaroid of Jungkook on the white covers of his bed, trying to hide his flushed cheeks. Taehyung actually wanted to take a picture of the younger while he was still sleeping but got caught red handed. he pressed the polaroid against his chest while sinking back into his pillow, pulling the blanket over his head.

one week. only one week and Taehyung already doubted if he could do the long distance thing any longer. he needed Jungkook. needed him right here in the beach house. he needed him here in his arms.