twelve.

fuck, i love my friends - renforshort

+++

"i'm ... gay."

Taehyung's eyes widened in surprise but his expression quickly changed into a warm smile. he scooted closer to his friend, hugged him tightly. patted his back.

"you're actually the first person to know. i wanted to tell you for a while now but i never knew the right words."

"how did you find out?"

the boy besides him blushed shyly, fumbled with the white blanket beneath him. scratched his neck. he wasn't uncomfortable, it was just new for him to talk about his feelings.

"there's this guy i like. i don't think he likes me back tho... i'm not even sure if he's into guys. ah this is so embarrassing... so point is - i don't think i have ever felt for someone the way i do for him. he's so very handsome. every time we hang out i don't want him to leave, don't want these moments to stop. i think about him all the time. day or night - he won't leave my mind. girls never made me feel that way."

"it's not me tho - is it?"

Taehyung gasped dramatically as his friend hit his arm. they laughed until their stomachs hurt. it got quieter again. two friends sitting besides each other, legs crossed on the bed.

"so you don't hate me?"

"no! Jimin, i could never hate you! why would i? being gay is not a crime. and definitely not a reason to end our friendship. you mean way too much to me. i'm so proud of you for telling me. i love you man. no homo tho."

"thank you but please never say no homo again."

"okay, okay, got it. i love you bro."

Taehyung put up his fist and Jimin bumped it with his.

"i love you too."

"no homo tho."

"Tae!"

when Taehyung came home that day, he found Jungkook asleep on the couch, his homework from uni spread across the whole coffee table. it was only afternoon, the sun still high, making his skin glow in the light. the older didn't realize how long he had been looking at the other. he gently woke him up.

"you shouldn't sleep during the day or you'll stay awake all night."

Jungkook slowly opened his eyes, sleepily rubbing his face. he looked really cute. as he let out a soft 'mhm' while stretching. Taehyung wanted to squish his cheeks.

"i'll make you coffee."

he came back to the coffee table, two cups of iced macchiato in his hands. sat down on the floor across the other, watched him flip through his textbooks. Jungkook stopped, looked up, raised his eyebrow.

"what's up?"

"nothing."

the younger huffed, picked up another book, searching for a specific page. he stopped again, tilted his head in confusion as the other was still watching him.

"you're acting kinda weird right now."

"why?"

Taehyung smiled innocently as the other leaned back on the couch. Jungkook could feel his cheeks heating up a little, turned his face to the side. he bit his lip, not having a clue on how to answer.

"we can study together, i'll bring my stuff."

the older got up and ran upstairs. the moment he was out of sight Jungkook shook his head, lightly slapping his cheeks in embarrassment.