Chapter 47: Secretive Meetings

Rob's POV

"Over here." Steve waved his hand, his head hung low as he opened the car door.

I titled my head in confusion, slowly climbing into the car as Steve sat in the drivers seat.

"Mind telling me where the hell you're taking me?" I joked, but he didn't laugh.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, hating the way he remained quiet as he switched the gears to reverse.

We backed out of the driveway, my eyes trailing the house as we left the neighborhood. Tina was with Juniper; I didn't have time to call her grandma cause Steve is an impatient person and dragged me out of the house before I could make the call.

We drove through the busy streets of LA. The constant flow of people allowing my mind to wander elsewhere while the bumps in the road jostled my body slightly.

I used to hate going outside, having to be noticed and snapped a dozen photos of. But now, I'm scared of going outside, scared of being seen. It such a weird, but unthinkable thought of how your life can just shift so dramatically without warning.

The radio rambled on and on about celebrity drama, which is something that I have stayed out of, but it doesn't mean I don't love listening to the tea either.

I was just glad that for once my name wasn't the one that was repeated again and again as people spread rumors about my whereabouts.

I felt free for once.

The car suddenly jerked forward, causing my body to follow along with the action. It came to an abrupt stop, the screeching sound evident as it rang through my ears.

"What the hell, Steve?" I breathed, feeling my heart race within my chest.

"Sorry, it's just that person over there doesn't have damn eyes." He scoffed, gripping the steering wheel tightly.

I looked over at the car he was talking about, surprised to find that it's windows were black, blocking off the sight of whoever was inside.

"Why is their car like that?" I asked, a bit dumbfounded.

"Didn't you have a driver or something? They use that type of glass for celebrities or important people that want privacy out and about." He explained, squinting as the sun's rays blew down onto the city.

I shook my head, "Never been in one of those vehicles. Seems sorta strange if you ask me."

"If it's strange to want privacy then I don't know what to tell you." He rolled his eyes, flashing a small smile.
A
"Glad to see you smiling," I chuckled, "It's weird to see you so serious."

"Well that's because where I'm taking you is a rather serious place." He replied, eyes searching for the right street.

"Can you give me more than that?" I said, growing a tad annoyed.

"You'll know when we get there. Once we're there, I can guarantee that no one is listening to us."

"You can't guarantee that now?" I exclaimed, feeling paranoid.

"Shut up and let me drive ok?" He snapped back at me, causing me to lean into the chair, crossing my arms dramatically like a little child.

"Tell me when you see a blue building." He said after a few minutes of silence.

I sat up, looking out of every window as I searched for what he asked. I guess it should be simple enough since there are barely any blue buildings around.