Chapter 16: Stay With Me

Before you start reading just beware this chapter is really cringy and I'm sorry 😂🤷‍♀️

Back to the present...

"Rob I...I was the one who tried to kill him...but...he......isn't.......dead."

After Nick said those words, so much happened all at once. Oh, where do I start?

All I remember was my mind failing me, the floor disappearing, and darkness enfolding me.

Maybe an hour, maybe three, or maybe just five minutes passed of darkness.

In the darkness I saw a little girl. She waved as she ran across the dark hallway and then disappeared.

I started to wake up. I can never get past that part of that dream. I started to feel that something wasn't right.

I looked at my surroundings, noticing that my head hurt...did he hit me?

I was in my bedroom, but everything was thrown around, broken, and in the corner was Nick.

His head was down, and is breathing was heavy. Just like if he's just ended a life.

My senses came back to me and I sat up as fast as I could...where is Juniper?

As I started to panic I looked at Nick, he is now looking at me with his cold, sinister eyes.

He has a knife.

It's covered in red.

no no no no no

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" I screamed at him as loud as I could.

He didn't respond, but instead looked at me with a chilling smile.

"What...d..id...you..do?" I said with as stable as a voice as I could manage.

He looked to the side of me, and I didn't even realize another body was next to me.

My baby.

She was lying still; so still.

I noticed the stain of red on her back.

Did he actually stab her? I'm going to murder him.

"Nick...why?"

"She threatened that she would call the police, and I can't have that happening can I?"

He said that as he threw the knife to the side, and looked back at me.

I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry, but that means That I would give in to him. I can't have that happening...can I?

"Nick come here." I said as calm as possible.

He bought the bait and stumbles off the chair...he's drunk.

As he got closer I could see a pair of bleeding scratch marks on his arm. Are they from Juniper? Is that the real reason why he stabbed her?

He sat down at the side of my bed; why is he giving in so easily?

Now just realizing that my legs are chained to a bed post, same with one arm, I reached out my free unrestricted hand and started to stroke his cheek. I leaned over and whispered, "Why don't we have a little fun while we're in here?" 

He got the message, and started to lean forward, which was the perfect moment of escape. 

I used my free arm to shove his head into the bed post, which knocked him unconscious. I used to take karate as a kid :)

A key fell out of his pocket, which I grabbed and unlocked myself from the chains. Now I'm realizing that I can't carry Juniper and walk. Crap.

I scanned the room, and forgot that I had my phone in my pocket. As I finished calling 911, a strange noise come from the person next to me.

"M..om..my?" I heard a very faint voice cry.

"Juniper..oh thank god." I reached out to her, and she cried out in pain.

"Shhh, where does it hurt love?"

"My back, Nicky put a knife there"

God I'm going to kill him.

"Are you ok, mommy?"

"Oh, darling I'm fine. Just wait doctors are coming ok?"

She managed to nod her head, and out of no where the second figure by me launches right at me.

No he's awake. Don't you dare hurt her. I try to punch him, but I missed. This gave him the chance to snatch my hand, with his tight grip he jerked me forward; resulting in the cuffs around my other hand digging into my skin.

Before I could react he slams my head into the bed frame and the room starts to spin. Before I blacked out, I saw him raise his knife. Before his knife collided with me, out of no where another figure busted into the room, saving me from darkness.