Chapter 44: Pain

Juniper's POV

Back to that day that Kristen and Nick left.....

"Why do you have to leave?" I asked my mommy, who was shoving some of her clothes into a big bag.

"It's a trip that Nick has been planning for a while baby, I can't just not go, it wouldn't be very nice of me to refuse." She replied, zipping up the giant bag.

I crossed my arms and stomped my feet, "You're leaving me for him?" I pouted, anger overcoming me.

She turned her body towards me, her arms wrapping around my waist, "Hey, it's not like that. If I could bring you, then I would. But, where we are going doesn't have any fun toys for you to play with or anything."

"I don't care about the toys, I just want to be with you." I whined, wrapping my arms around her neck.

Her hand reached up to my face, stroking it lightly, "Aw baby, that's so sweet. But, it's going to be a short trip, so I'll be back in no time, ok?"

I stayed silent, watching the way her eyes pleaded with me.

"Fine." I said, knowing that it isn't nice to be grumpy about something like this.

She let out a breath of air, which tickled my skin, "Thank you Junnie, you're amazing you know that?"

"Yeah, I am pretty great." I giggled, giving my mom a kiss.

"Ok, mommy has to leave now ok? Bob will come by in a few minutes." She informed me, giving me one last hug.

"I can help you carry that downstairs." I suggested, pointing at the large bag.

Mommy laughed, "Oh Juniper, it's fine. Let mommy do it."

"But what can I help you with then?" I asked, jumping up and down.

She looked around the room, eyes searching for something.

"Ah-ha!" She exclaimed, picking up a smaller bag, "You can carry mommy's purse to the car!"

"Yay!" I cheered, making grabby hands at the bag.

She handed the bag over and I skipped down the stairs. I stopped when I saw Nick standing at the bottom, an angry look on his face.

"What do you think you're doing?" He said, his eyes wandering my body.

"Mommy told me to put this in the car." I replied, watching as he came closer to me and squatted down in front of me.

"You know you're not coming right?" He asked, his voice very low and whisper like.

I nodded, getting a bit annoyed at him, "You don't have to keep reminding me."

He chuckled, almost like those villains in those princess movies I watch with mommy, "Good. I don't want you there anyways."

"Ok." I said mockingly, not really caring about the way he was treating me. He's been like this ever since a few months ago. He's just been super mean and a bit aggressive, but I try not to be bothered by it.

Bear ran past me, wagging his tail happily. I giggled, running after him, but Nick grabbed me when I almost reached the door.

"Ow!" I yelped, but Nick covered my mouth with his hand. I tried to ask what he was doing, but my voice was blocked by his large palm.

"You're a hyper little thing, aren't you?" He peered down at me, his hand wrapped around my dress.

I struggled, trying to get his grip off my clothes and off my face, but he only tightened them.