VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL 2021 💓

Third POV

Last year.....

A small sliver of light peaked subtly through the silk curtains, casting its warmth and rays on the sleep the couple.

Heart beats fast

Birds sang like a fairytale, the simple sound ringing through their ears, the tossing and turning beginning as sleep started to lift away.

Colors and promises

Rob was the first one to get up, his eyes parted lazily, darting left to right. He noticed how he managed to wake up just one minute before his alarm was supposed to go off, surprising him a little bit.

How to be brave?

He grabbed his phone, carefully and skillfully climbing out of the bed without waking Kristen, only causing a minor disturbance in her dreamy wonderland.

How can I love when I'm afraid to fall?

He smiled down at her, knowing that what he has planned today will definitely remind her of how much she means to him.

But watching you stand alone

He quietly crept over to the closet that they shared, scavenging through the numerous amounts of shirts and pants, trying to find just the right match.

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

He eventually managed to pick out a red sweater and some light blue faded jeans. He quickly popped them both on, subtly, well not really, checking himself out in the mirror.

One step closer

He bobbled down the long spiral staircase, hand caressing the railing delicately. The house remained silent, almost like it wanted to help Rob accomplished this task.

I have died every day waiting for you

He made his way over to the kitchen, mind working to remember all of the ingredients he needed for this special thing was present.

Darling, don't be afraid

Sugar, salt, flour, butter, check, check, check.

I have loved you for a thousand years

Rob smiled, looking at his hoard of things that he's gathered at the counter. His plan was to make Kristen's favorite breakfast on this special day.

I'll love you for a thousand more

February 14th.

Time stands still

Every year Kristen has to go all out or gives Rob something that makes him feel bad that he didn't live up to the same standards Kristen set. But, this year he plans to change that.

Beauty in all she is

He's got everything ready: the flowers, the music, the food, the presents. With all of this he's determined to win Valentine's Day this year.

I will be brave

But, now that he stares at these ingredients and all of the pots and pans, he just then realizes that he isn't that great of a cook. No surprise there honestly.

I will not let anything take away

BUT, that's not going to stop him with the mindset he has going. He feels confident that he can pour his love into the food even if he physically can't make it look good.