Chapter 5: New feelings

(back to that one night)
Kristen's POV

I open the door and there stood my boyfriend Nicholas, well more like squeezing the light out of me. His hair was ruffled, his clothes untidy and wrinkled.

"Hey, dude." I chuckle as he lets go of his gorilla like hug. He's been gone for a few months away on a promotion tour. "Is the angel asleep?" he asked curiously. "Well I mean it's not like it's five hours past her bedtime." I roll my eyes in annoyance. He chuckled softly, looking at me with adoration.

He gently kissed me as I let him in. And as if, on cue, the angel comes running in. "Nick!" her tiny voice shouts. "Hey angel!" their reunion was sort of like a romance movie, the running into each other's arms scenario. He held her in his arms and he started asking her all about what she's been doing when he was gone.

It only took thirty minutes for her to fall asleep. In his arms. This was a sight that hurt me physically and emotionally. Juniper and Rob had such an amazing connection, I mean so does Nick and Juniper but, it's not the same. Her beautiful face: drooling onto Nick like she used to do with Rob. I smiled and took her into my arms, and invited Nick to stay the night.