Chapter 2: nights alone

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go. "

"When all those shadows almost killed you light."

"But all that's dead and gone and past tonight."

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire"

"The war outside keeps raging on"

"Hold on to this lullaby"

"Even when the music's gone, gone."

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down"

"You'll be alright no one can hurt you now"

"Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound"-Taylor Swift

That's the song I sing to Juniper every night. When she's deep in slumber, I gently hum it. Her little nightlight emitting a soft orange glow upon her cozy room, touches my face softly. It's kind of a routine now.

It might not be the best song to sing to a four year old, but she knows what it's about. She knows how much pain I have gone through in the past few months, staying tough for me even though she's so young. I know how much she must be hurting as well.

Later that night....

*New reported sightings of the dead actor Robert Pattinson, residents say they've
seen him behind dark allies, or even simply in a grocery store. Are they telling the truth?

Yes we sound crazy...

The TV played in the dark living room. The sound of them muttering nonsense slowly drowned out when a knock could be heard from the door.

That's strange....it's freaking two A.M at nigh. Yeah, I know I'm up, but that's not important right now. Walking to the door, a feeling of suspicion slowly crept into me. I slowly moved toward the door, feet barely making a sound against the wooden floor. I looked out the peep hole, then turned the knob.

In a split second I was lifted off the ground when a pair of arms jerked me into a tight and warm embrace.