Chapter 22: How Ironic

Robert's POV

Totally three months, three weeks, and 5 days since I was dropped off here.

Three months, three weeks, and 5 days since I have spoken to any of my family.

 Three months, three weeks, and 5 days since I have cuddled my Juniper. 

Three months, three weeks, and 5 days since I said "I love you" to both of them. I don't know how much more I can stand.

Everyday is the same. I wake up, I change, I go into the garden and look at the plants, I eat lunch, I go to work which is at a local market, I watch the news, then I stay up all night crying. I've become so weak and numb. I dream of my family every night. I can hear Juniper's giggles while Kristen and I tickle her. I can still hear all of those happy memories.

I can feel the emptiness on my ring finger. Nick took my ring away and gave it to Kristen. I wonder if she took it off.

Someone knocked on my door, but I didn't notice at first. They kept on knocking until they realized the door isn't even locked.

"Hey, get up." A familiar voice called out. I looked up and saw Steve, the guy who dropped me off here with Nick. He's stayed here in Alaska with me to keep an eye on me. He checks up on me everyday or at least every other day. He's become friendlier. I don't know if that's because he feels guilt towards me or what.

"What?"  I replied grumpily.

"Jeez, it's so filthy in here Rob."  He said while cleaning up the floor which was covered in random trash.

I mumbled a whatever and I closed my eyes hoping that he would go away.

"Uhm, look. Nick asked me to come get you. We are flying back to LA for something."  He said that sentence very carefully.

I opened my eyes. LA? Where Kristen and Juniper are? For real?

"Why?"  I said more aggressively than I meant it to be.

"I don't know how to say it. They are holding a funeral....for you. He wants you to go because he's invited as well."

My heart skipped a beat. Going to my own funeral. That's messed up. Does that mean I can see my family?

I got up and I stretched. I looked up at him and said ok.

On the drive to the airport I started wondering if Kristen would recognize me. Would it be possible? Would Juniper come? She's too young to understand.

We met Nick and he looks like he could care less. He was dressed in black and his hair was cut.

"You ready?"  He said arrogantly.

"You know if this thing is close family and friends why am I coming?"  I said to him.

"Well, consider how famous your family is, they need guards to guard the area from people like paparazzi. I told Kristen I could take care of that, so end of story."  He said and then yawned. This is gonna be a long flight.