Chapter 19- Is it really real?

Kristen's POV

I heard a knock on the door. What? It's like 11:00 at night. The hospital allows visitors this late?

"Come in?" I said.

The door knob turned slowly, god hurry up stop being dramatic.

I didn't quite know who it was at first, but I soon realized who was standing in front of me.

It can't be...

"R...rob?" I said with such a shaky voice.

Rob is here. He's alive. It's been so long. So many years. He has a beard, that's why I didn't recognize him.

"Hi, love" he said. His voice, that voice that I've been waiting to hear.

I found the tears again. They started rapidly running down my already tear- stained face.

"Hey hey don't cry" Rob said as he dropped the flowers he was carrying and everything else that was in his arms.

He came towards me and sat on the edge of my bed.

He put his warm, soft hands on my face and wiped my tears away. I looked at his ocean eyes and touched his hands with mine. I missed this.

"Don't cry love, I'm here" he cooed. That only made me cry more. He lifted me onto his lap, making sure to be careful of all the wires and medical stuff. He just held me and rocked me.

His embrace made me feel like I was safe. It's the most safe I've felt in so long. He smelled like rob; fresh apple pie and a hint of mint. I calmed down when he said, "I love you."

I fell asleep in my favorite pair of arms.