CHAPTER 39

Author's POV

This morning Vikrant decided to take an off from work and spend some time with Arushi. Though he was a little upset about Arushi's behaviour on the previous day he somewhere reasoned out that she might have had a bad day hence she had the irritation.

He decided to make up for all the time that they couldn't spend with each other in the past few days. He made himself completely free so much so that he instructed everyone at the office to not call him for any reason. He had made up his mind to cuddle with his dearest wife all day long with not a pinch of disturbance.

It was almost 9 in the morning and Vikrant had set the table with super delicious aloo parathas. He had a hundred things in mind to share with Arushi to talk to her to eat with her to have her in his arms and reduce the distance that their professional lives had brought in.

The clock ticked at 10 but there was no sign of Arushi's return. When Vikrant dialed her number the dial tone rang till the last ring but Arushi did not receive the call. He kept trying for a few more times and after the 6th time a message dropped in his inbox.

'Call You Later Busy right now ~ Arushi'

Vikrant decided to wait and kept waiting and waiting and waiting. It was already lunch time and Vikrant was still waiting with the now cold parathas in front of him.

When the clock stuck 4 his phone finally rang. Arushi it was.

"Where have you been? I was waiting for your call since so long." Vikrant said as soon as he received the call.

"Sorry I was a little busy at the hospital. There were new interns who joined today so had to take their briefing class and assign them their duties."

"Ohh"

"You called so many times since morning. Anything important?" Arushi questioned unaware about the plans Vikrant had made for the day.

"Nothing much. You aren't coming home today?" Vikrant asked sounding as much normal as he could.

"I don't think I am It's already 4 and It will take me atleast an hour and a half to reach home and as soon as I reach I might have to again leave for my night shift. So I was just planning on resting in the staff lounge till my night shift began."

"Ohh.. ok Take care."

"Did you have your lun.." before Arushi could complete her sentence the line was disconnected.

While Arushi just ignored the sudden disconnection of call thinking he might be busy Vikrant just smashed his phone on the floor out of frustration. He was already frustrated enough about missing Arushi day in and day out and today all of this had to happen when he planned on spending some time with her.

He packed the parathas and gave them to the security guard and kept sulking in his bed for the rest of the day.

The next morning when Arushi arrived earlier than usual she found the house empty. It was just 7 in the morning and Vikrant was no where to be found.

When she tried reaching out to him on his cell phone all that she received was a 'out of range' signal. She dialed his office landline but no one received it even until the last ring.

For some reason Arushi was a little worried by now but she did not have anyother option than to wait. She kept calming herself by building mundane reasons in her brain.

Owing the fact that her past 36hourd were quite hectic she did not realise when she fell asleep.

It was 2 in the afternoon when she suddenly stirred up from her sleep. The first thing she did was to look up at her phone for any messages or calls from vikrant but sadly there were none.