CHAPTER 26

Please vote and comment it would encourage me a lot.

Arushi's POV

It has been 2 days since dada ji's (Grandfather) funeral. The whole house has a gloomy atmosphere since the news of his death was known. Dad has been inconsolable. But what is worrying me more is Vikrant's silence. He has been consoling dad and taking care of him But he is acting as though he isn't affected which is so contradictory because everyone knows how close Vikrant was to his grandfather.

Everytime I am trying to talk to him he somehow shuns me off. He is ignoring everyone including mom. His behaviour is scaring me now. I am scared if he again acts impulsive and does something wrong. Neither can I afford to see him like this nor to loose him again that too at a point when he was trying to change himself and give us a chance.

Right now we are driving back to our apartment after the prayer meet that was held at home. I am trying to talk to him but all the time he is just changing the topic to something else.

'Just don't make things more difficult Vikrant please.'

It's really very hard for me to forget everything and forgive him atleast not when I haven't got answers to all my questions but it is more important to be by his side now. I am needed to keep all my anger and thoughts away for the time being and that is what I am trying to do. But his behaviour is not helping me in any manner. Why does he have to be so reserved why can't he just speak his emotions out. I want this relation to work I dont want to loose him.

As soon as we reached the apartment he did not even wait for me to get out of the car. He just went in and locked himself in the room. Why is he running away so much as though I am some communicable disease. Sighing in disbelief I sat on the sofa in a dilemma of whether to give him some time or to talk to him now.

It's almost half an hour and he hasn't yet opened the door. I don't have more patience now.

"Vikrant open the door we need to talk." I said as I reached near the door and knocked it but as expected there was no response.
.
.
"Vikrant just open it already don't test my patience now please." still no reply.
.
.
"Vikrant open it now else you will never see my face again." I finally said what I never wanted to say because I have lost my patience now. Since 10 minutes I am banging like an idiot and he doesn't even care to respond. Aarrrggghhhhhh.

Finally.... God blessed him with some brains so that he got some pity on me to open the door.

"You can also leave like many others have already left...I am bound to be alone and that's completely ok with me." he said in complete rage as he opened the door. His eyes and nose were all red. It is clearly evident that he had been crying and now he is trying to hold it up.

"I just wanted you to open the door... I did not mean to leave." I said trying to be calm.

"No it's ok you also leave. Wait I will pack your stuff."

Has he gone mad? Why is he hyper reacting because of one line. I understand he is in an emotional turmoil but that doesn't mean he is going to speak nonsense now.

"Vikrant just stop it now. Stop over reacting. And first stop pulling out my things." I said trying to stop him from making my wardrobe a mess. He was pulling out and throwing all my cloths into a bag.

"Vikrant enough." I screamed with the loudest voice I could that's when he finally stopped the madness that he had been doing for a few minutes now.

I made him sit at one edge of the bed and brought him a glass of water. His eyes had tiny tears that would trickle down any minute. His pain and emotions were clearly written on his face that he had been hiding since the past days.