CHAPTER 25

Writer's POV

"Though all your actions are explained I still don't find a reason for you to leave." when Arushi said it she meant every word of it.

She understood Vikrant and his situation. Though he could have shared it with her earlier she knew Vikrant was someone who would bear every trouble by himself rather than troubling the people around him. But she felt his decision of disappearing from everyone's life was very impulsive.

She felt sad that Vikrant had to face all of it alone while on the other hand she was still angry for the fact that Vikrant thought she would be better off without him. Ever since the day they had met and connected with each other she has always thought that he completes her she thought Vikrant felt the same because his every small gesture before their marriage had made her feel it. Alas his fear was greater than his feelings towards her.

The whole night Arushi kept tossing in her bed thinking about Vikrant's confession she thought Vikrant would come to her and explain why he feared so much because she knew there was something big behind it because she knew such fears don't build in for no reason.

Vikrant did not turn up to their room the whole night. He was really regretting his bad decisions. He had always wanted to be alone but when there was someone who was making him feel that togetherness was better than being alone he could not resist himself. Back then he had started enjoying the feeling of togetherness, the feeling that is considered the best in the world, there was something that was making him fall for her.

As much as he was enjoying her presence around him he also wanted her to be safe sound and happy. But when he had seen her on that hospital bed he had realised that neither was she safe nor was she happy.

Though his decision only gave pain to him and everyone else he thought that it was the best for both of them until his mother and mother-in-law had knocked some senses in him. Now that he had realised it was a terrible decision he had made up his mind to rectify his mistake and make things better between him and his wife.
.
.
In the morning when Arushi woke up she panicked a little when she couldn't find Vikrant at home. She ran around the whole house including the kitchen, balcony and study room as well. She feared if he vanished again. When she tried calling him his phone rang somewhere near her.

She stood in the balcony looking around the garden area of the building to find him somewhere there but she couldn't. That's when the main door clicked open. She breathed a sigh of relief when she found Vikrant there.

"Where had you been?" she questioned trying to sound as calm as she could but her face and uneven breath was telling another story.

"To the super market to buy some dosa batter for breakfast." Vikrant replied still perplexed with his wife's question.

"Ok."

"You thought I would vanish again?" Vikrant leaned against the door and questioned her because he understood where from and why that question had come.

"Why would I be bothered if you stay or vanish." Arushi gave a cocky reply very much the opposite of what she actually felt.

"Ok....you freshen up I'll make some breakfast."

"Don't bother yourself so much..... I'll make it don't worry." she was really concerned about his health but her ego wouldn't let her give a straight reply.

"It's ok Arushi...I am fine now and I can cook. Please I insist. And who knows we may have to stay hungry if you cook so it's better I do it." he was teasing his wife though he very well knew that she had learned to cook pretty well.

Sighing in disbelief that her husband was making such horrible jokes early in the morning Arushi just glared at him before walking back to her room to get dressed for her day.
.
.
When Vikrant walked into the room to call Arushi for breakfast he found her standing infront of the mirror with the box of vermilion in her hand. When she did not acknowledge his presence Vikrant knew that she had zoned out.