CHAPTER 29

Vikrant's POV

It's Friday today an extended weekend due to a public holiday but my boring wife is hell bent on wasting the day. I was planning to take her out and enjoy the day but here I am helping her clean this house of ours. Though I cook I have never done anyother household works. For the first time in my life I am doing this dusting, vacuuming and mopping stuff. And trust me it's damn irritating.

"Where to next mam?" I questioned her as I finished cleaning the dinning area.

"Guest room...I'll join you in a few minutes."

"Aye aye captain." I said dramatically bowing down to her making her chuckle a little.

Her smile is something that's captivating me more and more day by day. I could do anything.... literally anything to keep that smile on her face.

As I reached the sill of the guest room's door the memories of that terrible day started haunting me. This same place where I stood to find a lifeless Arushi laying there. Some things never stop troubling us back in our brains. I am trying my best to keep my fears at bay and stay happy with her but some parts of this house always remind me of everything and guilt starts overpowering my brain. I so wish everything could be changed.... I so wish that day I would have found a happy Arushi waiting for me rather than a the lifeless one who lay there.

"Vikrant... Vikrant.." I heard Arushi calling out for me. I had zoned out.

"What were you thinking so deeply?"

"Nothing.... let's clean come." I said walking in the room and started to clean but some thoughts were not clearing off my mind.

It was almost noon till we completed all the work. It was damn tiring. I sat on the sofa resting. A while later Arushi joined me with two glasses of lemonade. It was refreshing.

We sat there giving some rest to our bodies snuggling into each other. It has been our most favoured job in the past few days. Neither do I leave a chance to snuggle into her nor does she leave one.

" Can we move into some other apartment?"

"What?" she said sitting up straight shocked at what I just said. But what I said was something that I had been thinking of since this morning. Maybe bad times keep nagging her mind also but she wouldn't say I guess.

"Why do you want to?" she questioned me after registering my words in her mind.

"That place haunts me." I said pointing towards the room. It's not some spirited house but still yes that room raises all my fears over and over again.

"And not that this house has given us many good memories to cherish about." I continued.

"That is why I want us to be here... To make so many good memories that no bad memory ever finds it's place in our life." I did not expect this from her. I thought she would also want to move out of this place.

"But..." I could not find words to say but I wanted to convince her. Though somewhere she was correct I still want to move out I am not able to bring myself to overcome those bad days.

"You know Vikrant Fear has two sides... It's either 'Forget Everything And Run' or 'Face Everything And Rise'. You have already tried the first side of it and you have seen the outcomes. I know it is tough maybe really very tough but why don't you look at the positive side of it. Even after so much we are back here together that is what should matter right." she said.

The hope of convincing me was clearly observable in her eyes. But what she said was right. We are here together that is all that should matter to us.