CHAPTER 38

Author's POV

After spending some good time at their honeymoon Vikrant and Arushi were back home. When they had visited their parents their sisters had teased them till death about the lovey dovey pictures they had posted on social media.

It had been a week since they were back and Vikrant got busy with catching up on his work schedules and meetings he had missed. Even Arushi was busy catching upon the appointments and lectures she had missed. The only time they were together was when they sat for dinner and cuddled with each other in the bed. Sometimes Vikrant even missed the dinner because of his hectic schedule.

One evening when Arushi had just returned back from the hospital Rahul and his girlfriend Ananya came home unannounced.

"What a pleasant surprise. Come in Come in." Arushi welcomed them in.

Ananya and Arushi had become like soul sisters. Though they had met just a few times they had instantly connected with each other. While they sat gossiping about anything and everything Rahul became a passive speaker in their conversation waiting for his best friend to arrive.

Finally when Vikrant had arrived Rahul and Ananya had an announcement to make.

"Guys we are getting engaged this Saturday." Rahul announced after beating around the bushes shrugging Ananya to speak but when she did not budge to speak he finally spilled it out.

"What?" Arushi shrieked out in shock or maybe joy. Vikrant's eyes popped out in shock.

"Yeah, everything happened in hast so we couldn't inform you guys earlier." Rahul said while running his hands through his hair while Ananya's cheeks turned pink.

"Congratulations" Arushi jumped up from her seat and engulfed Ananya in a hug.

"But weren't you skeptical about proposing her?" Vikrant questioned Rahul while giving him a congratulatory hug.

"Yeah but you know shit happens?" he whispered but that was audible enough for Ananya to hear.

"O really...shit itseems." She said throwing a cushion at him.

The night passed by with their gossips, dinner and some fun.

As the week passed by Saturday arrived sooner than it usually did. With music, dance and lots of fun Rahul and Ananya were finally engaged.

"It was such a fun day right." Arushi sighed tiredly as she sat down to remove her jewellery and feel lighter.

"It surely was." Vikrant replied falling straight on the bed.

"Atleast remove your shoes and change Mr. Husband."

"You remember our engagement." Vikrant questioned while obeying his wife's order.

"Yes I surely do but more than the engagement what I very well remember is the cricket match." Arushi giggled and smirked at Vikrant.

"Oh god...why do you have to remember the not so beautiful things when there are many other beautiful things to remember."

"Why would I not remember it. Your best friend thought you could take my wicket right in the first ball and I suppose you too might have thought the same...hai na?"

"Of course not why would I think so"

"You know what Rahul was somewhat correct...you actually took my wicket in the first ball." A lighter shade of pink took over Arushi's cheeks as she laid beside Vikrant snuggling closer to him wrapping her arm against his torso.

"Accha ji(is it so)"

"Haan ji" Arushi replied rubbing her nose against his.

A second later Vikrant's lips found their way towards her forehead. It is always believed that a forehead peak is lot more promising than a kiss on the lips.