CHAPTER 20

Thank you everyone who have voted and shared your views on my previous chapter.

Please do Vote and comment on this chapter it would encourage me a lot.

Vikrant's POV

I woke up to this dull hospital room with a throbbing pain in my shoulder. These sedatives have kept me asleep till so late. The wall clock shows 11 now.

"Careful....I'll help you." I saw mom coming to help me sit upright.

"How do you feel now." she enquired caressing my hair.

"Much better mom." I replied with a small smile playing on my lips.

None of us spoke anything for quite some time now. The silence was making the atmosphere more dense. I could not even look at mom properly. My eyes kept wandering around the whole room wondering if I made the right decision by walking out of everyone's life.

After a while mom broke the silence by offering me some soup. It's disgusting to eat this tasteless food but that is what I get for now. Its better to eat it because my stomach is already growling.

"Where's everyone else?" I questioned her because no one else was seen in my sight. Neither Dad nor Naina nor Arushi.

"At your tiny apartment to pack your stuff." I heard Rahul almost screaming from the door.

"What? Why are they packing?"

"To take you back home. And you better don't protest or Aunty will kill you with her bare hands." He said walking towards me. I looked at mom. Her face was blank though her eyes were red like she would almost cry any moment.

"Mom I don't want to." my voice came out like a whisper but it was enough to burst Mom's bubble.

"Nobody asked for your choice. You are coming back its final."

"But..." she did not even let me finish another word.

"What But Vikrant? You did what you wanted right? Not bothering about anyone else? Now we are not bothered about you. We will do what we want." nothing can be worse than an angry mother. But she needs to understand me as well. I cannot afford to hurt my loved ones. So its better I stay away.

"I left you all for everyone's good." my voice was flat without a hint of emotions because all the emotions were locked in my heart making it heavier. I just can't fall weak infront of them. I need to be strong to stay away.

"What good? What good has happened? Your wife lay there half dead for 6 months. And once she was fine she wanted you but you were gone. That girl never said a word about how hurt she was. She kept hiding everything and still acted like nothing happened. Your grandfather kept blaming himself for spoiling Arushi's life because you left her. Your dad keeps stressing about work and spoiling his health even though he has a son who could have rightfully taken care of his work. And Naina....she had to sacrifice her dreams because of you. Because you were not there to help your father and she could not have left him alone to handle everything."

"Aunty please calm down. You'll spoil your health. Please drink some water." Rahul helped mom and made her sit. Her eyes were clearly reflecting her pain. All my thoughts of 'be strong to stay away' had crumbled down. I couldn't even imagine everyone was affected so deeply by my actions.

I only wanted everyone to be safe and happy I did not want them to be troubled by me I did not want them to be hurt because of me but again I am the reason for all their problems.

"Now tell me what good have you done by leaving everything and everyone." I heard mom speak again. I did not have an answer to her. I have really messed up everything.