CHAPTER 32

Hey guys,

Sorry for not uploading the chapter earlier. It just felt like a small writers block where I couldn't write anything even after sitting infront of the laptop for hours. Though everything was clearly plotted in my mind I wasn't able to write.

I hope you will like the Chapter. Once again sorry for the delay.

Vikrant's POV

As I blinked my eyes open the clock stuck 4. Arushi wasn't back home yet. Picking up the phone I tried calling her but she wasn't receiving. Just before I decided to go to the hospital and check on her I thought of calling at the hospital and asking about her. The receptionist informed me that she was still with the patient. I wonder what emergency it is so late which is taking so long.

My sleep was far gone now. My thoughts were pondering over the fact that Arushi's behaviour had changed so drastically once she had received the call. Was it because of the patient? Or because reality dawned her about our little make out session? Wasn't she comfortable or am I just overthinking?

All sorts of thoughts kept my mind busy and the time kept passing by. It was already 5.30 in the morning but there was no sign of Arushi getting back home. She hasn't even tried calling me back maybe for obvious reason that she doesn't know the password of my phone but she isn't even receiving my call and It's freaking the shit out of me.

I finally decided to check on her by myself. Changing my attire into a presentable one I walked out of the apartment after locking the front door. When I was entering into my car I saw Arushi's car taking a turn into the basement. If she was on her way why din't she receive the call when I called her just 10min ago?

I reached her as she parked her car in its bay. The spark that always beams through her eyes is missing. Maybe a bad day at work.

"What happened Jaan?" I asked her cupping her face in one of my hand. Even after a minute of my question there was no response from her. She seemed so lost. Her eyes were dilated her face looked extremely dull. She needs rest I guess.

"Let's get you to bed you need res...." before I could complete my words she was on me hugging me as tight as she could. For a second I was startled but eventually hugged her back. After a minute or so I felt some wetness on my shoulder. Is she crying? Oh God!! she's crying.

"Baby just calm down nothing's wrong. Tell me what happened?" I asked gently stroking her hair but it only made her cry harder. It was scaring me now. I kept rubbing my hand over her back trying to pacify her but nothing affected her. I tried getting her out of my arms to face her and talk to her but she wasn't ready to leave her hold kept tightening every time i tried that.

" We...coul...dn't save he..r Vik..ra..nt. Her in-la..ws ha..d alm...ost burn..t he..r int..o ashe...s." she spoke between her sobs.

"It's ok Arushi. Just calm down... stop crying please." I said concentrating only on her and not on her words because that is what mattered to me now. But as a reflex to my words she pushed me back a little. Behind those tears I could see the anger and rage in her eyes.

"Nothing is ok. Almost 80% of her skin was burnt there was hardly any good skin on her body. How can humans be such demons to burn a living person just because of a little dowry that they did not get? Why can't people change? Why do they have to be such abuser's? Why?" She was almost screaming by the end. Her tears were still endlessly flowing down her cheeks.

I could not understand what to speak. It was like I was dumbfounded by her words. I went a little closer to her and wiped the tears off her cheeks. I scooted her in my arms and started walking back towards home. She was snuggling into my chest still sobbing a little. I dropped her on her legs to open the door. Once I opened the door I picked her up again making my way into the room. After making her lay comfortably on the bed I tucked her into the duvet.