CHAPTER 9

11 months later...

Arushi's POV

Disastrous Marriage....my biggest fear had turned into reality.

Every minute of those 2 months before the wedding seemed fake. All the care, all the trust, all the feelings everything was an illusion I had been living in.

Everyday, every minute Vikrant had made me feel that he was the last person who could hurt me, who could leave me. But very much to my dismay he was the first one to leave me to die.

Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by that one person who you thought would never hurt you. But he has hurt me beyond repair. To an extent where I am scared to trust anyone. I hate you Vikrant I hate you for destroying my life.

But I want answers to my questions. Why did he leave me to die and vanish leaving everyone and everything behind? Did he not have any responsibility towards his family or the business that he was suppose to run?

Fine...he did not want me in his life. He married me for his grandfather. He could have told me once to walk out of his life I would have walked out without a question. But what he did was a coward's act. And I surely want an explanation for it.

Everyday since the past 4months I have been searching for him to get my answers. But he has vanished somewhere as though a criminal is hiding from the police. But I will find him at any cost.

I have been living in this apartment of his to remind me everyday that how foolish was I to fall for him...to fall for his fakeness. Every corner of this house makes me feel disgusted to have decorated it for him. I so wish I had never done that.

•••••
(All the parts of the past will be in italics)

It was a week after our engagement that Vikrant had taken me to the apartment where we would be living after our wedding.

It was a simple 2BHK apartment with a small study room. I wonder why would The Vikrant Shergill want to live in such a small space.

"That's Nancy...mom has appointed her for cleaning." Vikrant had introduced me to the maid as she was leaving after finishing her work.

"Vikrant why do we have to live here when we can live with everyone in the Shergill Mansion." I asked him.

"You have any problem with this place?"

"No...not at all but wouldn't it be better to live with everyone like a big cute happy family plus I dont know how to cook." I said with a puppy face.

"Come along" he dragged me to the kitchen.

He lifted me a bit and made me sit on the kitchen slab.

"What would you like to eat my highness?" Vikrant asked after wearing an apron and bowing down infront of me. I couldn't control myself and burst out into fits of laughter.

"Is this some kind of a joke...you will cook?" I said between my laughter.

"Dont you think you are taking me too lightly Miss.Sharma." He said with an intense gaze coming very close to me and my laughter died the very moment he held me by my waist.

"So you think you can cook?" I said gathering all the words that I could speak.

"I surely can"

"Then cook me some noodles....not the 2minute maggi but proper vegetable noodles."

"Your wish my command" and he started picking up the veggies for the fridge.