CHAPTER 12

Thank you everyone for all the love through your votes and comments.

Arushi's POV (past continued)

The whole night I was not able to shut my eyes for a minute. Everything seems shattered. Even after those harsh words that Vikrant spoke I still cannot believe it was the same Vikrant who cared so much for me in the past few months.

It was early dawn when Vikrant walked back into the room. I hadn't even changed my bridal dress I know I might be looking like an alien now with this tear stained face and messed up hair but I dont want to show him this vulnerable state of mine.

I took my outfit for the day and walked straight into the washroom to freshen up. Even if I look at him I can sense my eyes welling up. If he really dint want me he could have told me before the wedding we could have come up with some solution but instead he showered me with all the affection and care.

I dont know why I dont want to believe on his words. But my mind is forcing me to get back to reality.

'Wake up Arushi its all over....its the end of your dream. He just faked around you for 2months all men are the same. Stop hoping for a happy marriage its just an illusion' with every drop of water flowing down my body my mind screamed back at me.

I walked out of the washroom in a simple red chudidar because I am not a saree person.

Vikrant sat on the bed resting his head on the headboard he stared back at me with those emotionless eyes. I wish I could read this fake face earlier.

As I sat infront of the dresser my eyes fell on the vermilion box. I could only reminisce the moments of last night when Vikrant filled my hairline and how happy I was. Hardly 12 hours and I am in a totally different mind state.

"Please apply it and do the acting for a few hours infront of my family. We will be going back to my apartment after breakfast. You will not have to do all this there. You can live like you want." he said maybe after sensing my gaze on the box.

"Even if you wouldn't want I will apply it. Marriage maybe a joke for you but not for me I am your wife and I know my duties and responsibilities." I snapped at him. how can he say me to act infront of his parents. He is my husband and they are my family. He should be the one applying it to me now instead he wants me to apply it just to show it to his parents. I hate you Vikrant I hate you for this heartless statement of yours. Its hurting me real bad....really very bad.

Tears threatened to fall of my eyes but I cannot let them.

'You are strong Arushi dont let him affect you so much. Get a grip on yourself.' I kept repeating it in my mind.

I dressed up as fast as I could and walked out of the room. That place was suffocating me.

It was hardly 7.30 no one had woken up yet. A few workers were cleaning the house and a lady maybe in her early 50's or late 40's was preparing for breakfast.

"Good morning mam" she wished me as I went to the refrigerator to get some water.

"Good morning....and Its Arushi dont call me mam please." she just nodded.

"Though I dont know how to cook can I help you with anyother work?" I asked her.

"No beta its ok...I will finish it and then you can cook for your pehli rasoi(The first dish cooked by the bride at the in-laws house)."

Oh God It seriously slipped out of my mind. Mom had asked me to learn to make a sweet atleast but me being me had no time for it.

I still had time before everyone woke up. So I saw some youtube videos to make some sweetdish.