CHAPTER 11

Thank you everyone who have voted and shared your views on my previous chapters. I really appreciate them ❤

Arushi's POV

Taking baby steps inside I walked behind Naina to find Mom and Dad seated outside the ICU. With each step my heart is throbbing faster. I just hope he is fine.

"Dad how is bhai? What did the doctors say?" Naina asked

"There are some injuries on the forehead and the right shoulder is dislocated. The forehead injuries might be serious so they have kept him under observation for 12hrs only after that it will be sure if he is completely out of danger or not."

Mom started crying hysterically after listening to Dad's words. Her eyes were already puffy.

I just sat beside her and hugged her.

"Don't worry mom he will be fine... he has to be fine." I wonder if I was comforting her or myself.

Even after all that Vikrant did I don't know why all my anger and annoyance seems to die down my fear of loosing him. Tears were silently flowing down my eyes I couldn't stop them.
.
.
.
"Dad you take mom and Naina to the guest house Mom needs rest" I said as I saw mom getting uneasy maybe her BP is fluctuating.

"No I will stay here I am not going anywhere...after so long I am seeing my son that too in this condition how can I leave him no I can't I am not going anywhere." she started sobbing even more harder and her breathing was getting more uneven.

"Priya calm down you will spoil your health stop crying Vikrant will be fine."

"Yes mom you need rest please calm down." Naina said trying to comfort her.

After sometime mom finally agreed to go and rest. Naina wanted to stay but mom needs her more so I forcefully sent her with mom.
.
.
.
I have been sitting in dilemma for almost an hour now thinking whether I should go see him or not. My heart and mind are in a contradictory with each other. My heart wants to see him hug him and make sure he is fine but my mind is stubborn to let me forget what has happened in the past few months.

Gathering some courage I finally shut my mind and walked into the ICU after the nurse made me sanitise my hands and gave me a mask.

Chills ran down my spine when I saw Vikrant with the bandages, tubes and IV's. There was nothing going on in my mind I stood rooted to my spot for god knows how long and then finally went and sat beside his bed.

10 months Vikrant....I see you after 10 months lying in this lifeless condition. What have I done to deserve all this? Had you been the same as you were before our marriage things would have been very much different now. Atleast you could have given us a chance even if you married me forcefully I wish you never changed.....

•••••

"Listen Arushi....I have married you just because of my grandfather...I dont know if I will ever be able to give you that place in my life that you might have dreamt of." Vikrant said seated on the edge of the bed.

"Vikrant there are still 4 days for April to arrive so do the April fool's prank after that not today." I said still busy with removing my jewellery.

"I am serious Arushi and I am in no mood to joke you better get it into your head that I have married you just for my grandfather and not because I wanted to."

I sat frozen at my spot I don't understand what I should think or  speak at this moment. Maybe he is tired or irritated.

"Vikrant its ok I think you are tired you rest now we'll talk in the morning." I said getting back to where I was but the very next second I felt a strong arm pulling me from my place. He pulled me so hard that my body hit hard on his chest.

"I am not tired and very much in my senses so you better fix it in your mind that this marriage is just a compromise for me and nothing more than that." his eyes were red as though he is angry or was he crying?

"Vikran...t if there's something thats troub..ling you or if I made any mist..ake we can sol...ve it just tell me what happe..ned but dont call this marriage a com...pro..mise" I was trembling under his gaze I don't know when but tears started flowing down my eyes. How could he call such a pure relation a compromise....was it really a compromise?Definitely not....atleast not for me. I had started falling for him for his care for his love what is wrong with him why is he talking like this. Tears still flowing uncontrollably I couldn't process anything in my mind.

"Why can't you get it in your head....I married you just so that my family doesn't disown me....you get that? So better stay away from me and dont expect anything."

He left my arm and I stumbled behind falling on the ground. My whole body seems numb. I cannot feel anything. Was he really faking himself all these days? No...No he wasn't then why is he behaving like this now. I dont want my fears to come true he can't change like this he can't.

I wiped my tears and stood up. Vikrant stood near the window. I went towards him and with all my strength I pulled him around to face me.

"I know its not my vikrant who is speaking now....so better tell me what's the problem." I said with a strict voice. I could see his eyes red and I am sure he even had a few tears in there. Why can't he tell me what's the problem doesn't he trust me enough? Or am I trusting him more than my limits?

The next second he held me tight on both my arms I flinched for a second because his grip was too strong and it was hurting me.

" I was never your Vikrant and I will never be yours everything before this day was fake all the care and concern was just a fake show infront of my family. This is the last time I am telling stay away from me and never I repeat never claim me to be yours." I closed my eyes in pain not the pain on my arms but the pain in my heart it felt like someone stabbed my heart real hard. Tears flowing down uncontrollably I couldn't say anything my fear was overpowering my heart. The fear of having a wrecked marriage seems to be coming true.

I opened my eyes to see him staring at me but the very next minute he pushed me aside making me fall on the edge of a table. My stomach hit hard but I felt no pain it was nil in front of what my heart was feeling.

I heard the door bang hard as he walked out of the room. Welcome back to the reality Arushi. You lived enough in your dreamland its time to handle the cruel reality now.

•••••••••••••••

A short one but I hope you guys liked it.

Are you all happy with the way the story is progressing?

Do let me know. Dont forget to vote and share your views.

The next part will have the past continued. So stay tuned. Will see you back soon.

 Will see you back soon