CHAPTER 22

Vikrant's POV

Last night when we came back to the apartment we hardly had any talk and because of my medicine's effect I overslept this morning only to find Arushi already gone.

'Left for work. Your Breakfast and Lunch is ready will be back by 8' she had messaged me.

After Lunch when I was bored enough to laze around the house I decided to see Dadu at the hospital. Not wanting to trouble anyone I just took a cab.

It was heart wrenching to see him in such a state. Laying on the ventilator he could hardly move even a bit. His eyes were open and they welled up seeing me there. Realization again hit me I had hurt him as well. Not understanding what to speak I stood there just looking at him.

His lips twitched as he tried to speak something. I bent down a little to hear what he was trying to speak. With his trembling voice he said

"Don't let me down." I know what he meant by it and I assured him this time I wouldn't.
.
.
.
Cooking can be such a nightmare with a half broken hand. Though the pain has subsided to a greater extent it is still a trouble. It was almost 7 in the evening I was cooking the same paneer curry that I cooked months ago when I wanted to confess everything to Arushi but I could not. But this time I will make sure to clear out everything. I just hope she understands me.

Almost an hour later the main door clicked open revealing a tired Arushi. Though her face clearly showed how tired she was she still had that aura to captivate anyone.

"Hii" I said initiating a conversation still in the kitchen finishing the cooking job.

"Hii" she replied back.

"How was your day." I asked keeping the conversation alive.

"Good...you did not have to trouble yourself I would have cooked." she said walking into the kitchen fetching herself some water.

"Still a shock that you learnt to cook but never mind I wanted to cook so I did." I tried to lighten up her mood but considering the previous track record of her responses in the past few days her bland reply was expected.

"Situations teach you a lot of things. Considering no one was there to cook I had to learn not that I could order food everyday."

Not wanting to spoil her mood anymore I just asked her to freshen up while I placed the dinner.

With every passing minute my heart was beating faster wondering would she even hear patiently and how would she react to things. That feeling was almost like waiting for your board exam results it was scaring me like shit.

'Calm down and speak it out she is sensible enough to understand you. Just speak your heart out.' I kept chanting to myself.
.
.
.
"How is it?" I questioned her about the dinner.

" It's good. Same like months ago." she replied still digging into her plate. Though shocking that she remembers but it made my heart flutter a little.

The dinner was almost done. After that little conversation nobody spoke a word. The silence only made my mind think more and more on how to initiate the talk. Just to make sure I don't blurt out wrong sentences I was thinking more and more to form proper words to begin.

"Why did you leave?"

"Huhhh..?" her question was so sudden that my reaction was involuntary.

"Nothing you dont have to answer it." she said and walked into the kitchen with her plate. But I was determined to answer it tonight. She walked out of the kitchen ignoring my presence she was walking out of the dining area but I held her hand to stop her yet she did not turn around.