Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Report." Elliot ordered and the room temperature suddenly dropped. Everyone in the room felt cold sweats running down their backs.

"We caught them sneaking in the headquarters. At first I thought they were just normal corporate spies. But after torturing them they revealed their affiliation with the Brotherhood of the Unseen." Sean, his trusted assistant, dutifully reported.

"And so?" Elliot coldly asked and even Sean felt chills on his spine.

"They might.. know something." Sean explained with his forehead full of sweat.

Elliot walked over to the dark prison where three bloodied bodies were lying and barely breathing.

"Tell me what you know." Elliot emotionlessly asked them.

The three people thought that they already suffered pain worse than death. However, they had ominous feeling that the man who just arrived could give them the worst torture and suffering.

It didn't take long for one of the men to weakly say, "We.. know your kind." He muttered with hardship.

Sean, who just spent time mutilating the three but didn't get anything, raised his brows in surprise.

"The brotherhood.. knows of the way.. to kill you.. soon." The man continued without being urged.

"And the way?" Elliot indifferently probed.

"He..he.." The man maniacally laughed.

Elliot didn't have any reaction. However, his eyes slowly turned red and the limbs of the three were suddenly ignited.

The fire was blueish green and perfectly molded the limbs of the three. The fire looked cold and it remained on their body without being extinguished.

Soon, painful moans and hoarse weak screams were heard in the prison cell.

Elliot merely turned his back on them while ordering, "Keep them alive and bring Sebastian here."

.......

Iris' attention was immediately taken by the huge sparkling crystal chandelier in the middle of a luxurious living room.

It was Sunday night and Iris would work tomorrow so the two returned to the city.

Of course, Elliot directly brought her to his home. At first, Iris insisted that she should return to her apartment. However, Elliot attacked her with an awfully cute expression while adorably pouting. Then he pitifully asked her, "You don't like to be with me?" Iris' resolve was completely overwhelmed by his charms. Thus, after two days of vacationing on the beach, the two of them went home together.

Since she was a child, Iris was already attracted to pretty and shiny things. She really loved how the way they shine and sparkle, like they were announcing to the world, 'Hello, I'm expensive!' Hence, there was no question that her eyes turned so bright upon seeing the big chandelier in Elliot's living room.

Then, she felt strong arms wrapping around her body.

"Do you like it?" Elliot's captivating voice whispered to her ear as he smelled her scent.

In fact, this would be their second night together. Last night, he was unwillingly dragged out to check the moles. Then, Sean made him sign the papers he had been neglecting for the past two days. In the end, he had ordered Sean to go to Alaska to supervise the construction of their company's new hotel. Sean hated the cold the most, thus, he ended up crying and begging not to be sent away. Elliot ignored him until he pointed out that he needed to stay here to entertain Sebastian when he arrived.

Having Iris in his arms calmed Elliot. Her distinct smell was like a drug that woke up all of his senses.

He buried his head at the crook of her neck. He was only away from her for a night and he already missed her like crazy. On the contrary, Iris looked energized as if she had the best of sleep when he saw her this morning.

Elliot sadly pouted and he gave Iris a small kiss on her neck.

"I really like it! I really love sparkling things!" Iris answered him which made Elliot smile. He knew she loved shiny things. That was why he 'bullied' a human royal family in the north just to obtain the chandelier. The vases they gave away during their wedding were also prepared a long time ago.

In fact, there were still a lot of vases waiting in his warehouse..

"Elliot, you are amazing!" Iris commented. To Elliot, her laughter was like chime bells beautifully ringing together.

Elliot inhaled her scent once more and he felt like he was starting to feel heat in the lower part of his body. It didn't help when Iris leaned her back to him. Thus, he suddenly carried her up princess style and started to walk.

"Elliot! What are you doing?" Iris' eyes turned saucer as she wrapped her arms on Elliot's neck for balance.

"Bringing you to the bedroom." Elliot answered.