Chapter 23

Inside one of the most luxurious kitchen in the country, the two beings who agreed to make babies were making dinner instead.

The two of them decided to make steaks and mashed potatoes for dinner. To be exact, Elliot was cooking the steaks while Iris was making the potatoes.

The two figures looked serious as they prepared the food. But in fact, only one of them was focused while the other was busy watching his wife.

Iris was mashing the potato with great intensity as Elliot watched her at the corner of his eyes. Amusement can be plainly seen on his face while he carelessly used his power to surround the steak with fire. Surprisingly, the stakes were cooking nicely and evenly.

Iris smelled the nice aroma coming from the pan and looked at Elliot. Immediately, Elliot extinguished the fire.

"That smells so good!" Iris happily commented as she walked over. "It's done already? So fast!" Iris commented. She was surprised to see how fast the steaks were cooked.

Elliot bit his lips as he took a plate and transferred the medium rare steak to it. Then, he set the plate on the wide kitchen counter, cut a small piece, and threw it in his mouth.

"That was good." He commented as he closed his eyes as if he was savoring the flavor.

"Ohh I want it too, please." Iris told him as she moved closer. Elliot cut another small piece and put it in his mouth again. Then, he exaggeratedly moaned as if he just ate the best steak in the world.

Iris looked at the image in front of her as if she was watching a live commercial of a world class meatshop.

"Hubby.." She pouted. Suddenly, she felt herself being lifted up and was made to sit on the counter. Then, Elliot stepped forward while carrying the plate.

"Here you go, my wife." He seductively said while lifting the fork in front of her face. "Say 'ahh'".

Iris opened her mouth without thinking. Her heart almost couldn't handle the bewitching look of her husband.

Because of that, Iris totally failed to taste the steak in her mouth.

"How does it taste?" Elliot asked her before he leaned down and licked the corner of her mouth. Iris thought that her heartbeat became as fast as helicopter blades.

"Like magic." Iris unconsciously answered while looking at Elliot's mouth. Elliot chuckled by her cute reply. However, his face suddenly turned serious.

"My wife.. do you.. believe in magic?" He suddenly asked her.

Iris blinked at him. Then, she sighed and gave him a wistful smile.

"Magic? I don't believe in it." She answered him.

Elliot stared at Iris' innocent face. He sighed before placing the plate down and putting his hands on her waist. He also stepped forward and stood in between Iris' legs.

"Iris.. will you forgive me.. if ever there comes a day when you learn.. that I am hiding something important from you?" He softly asked her as he stared deeply into her eyes.

The thought had been bugging him recently. His real world and all the things he did to get close to her. He was frightened that Iris would think they were too much and turn away from him.

Iris stared back at him as if figuring out what he meant. She gave him a look as if she could pierce his head and read everything that was his mind.

"Then.. will you?" Iris questioned him back. "Will you forgive me.. if someday you find out that I am hiding something from you?" Iris said as she held the hem of his clothes.

"Will you forgive me.. if someday I turn out not to be the kind of person you think I am? Will you stay with me.. if someday you figure out that I am not enough?" She quietly asked him.

Elliot leaned forward so that their foreheads were touching.

"In my eyes you will always be enough." She was his everything. Every movement that she did.. he loved it all. "And.. heaven and earth might fall.. but I will always stay by your side." He truthfully said.

Iris felt her eyes stung. He didn't know about it, but those words were the best words he could ever say to her. If what he was saying was the truth.. then... maybe.. it was safe for her to give him her heart.

"If you mean what you say.. then I can also tell you.." Iris started to say. "As long as you want me.. I will stay by your side.."

Iris was still talking when her mouth was suddenly sealed by Elliot's aggressive lips.

He kissed her with so much passion which made Iris dizzy. She reached out for him as if acting on instinct.

This gentle.. loving man. If he wanted her.. then she would definitely stay with him. To leave or reject a person like this.. She wasn't that stupid!

"My hubby." She softly murmured as she brushed her fingers on his tendrils.

Elliot felt electricity throughout his spine. His Iris just said that she would stay with him. His eyes started to mist as he grabbed her hips and pulled her so close to him. "My wife.." He answered as he rain kisses on her neck.

"Hmm. How about we take this to the bed?" Iris teased him but she really didn't expect Elliot to grab her bottom and lift her up as if he was carrying a child. Then, he started heading to their bedroom while leaving their dinner behind.

Iris was a little startled but soon she gave him a very carefree laugh and decided to tease him some more. She put her lips near his ears and gave his lobe a little lick before huskily saying, "Husband.. I'm ready to make the baby."

Elliot felt her lick and heard her alluring whisper. He felt his body shivered and his mind losing control. In a blink, Iris who was being carried by her husband on the stairs felt her back on the bed. She was alarmed and was about to ask how did that happen but her lips were sweetly assaulted by Elliot's mouth.