two

*・。゚ੲੳ ⠜⡠ ∗ ♡ ∗ 𓂂 ๋

*・。゚ੲੳ ⠜⡠ ∗ ♡ ∗ 𓂂 ๋ .

Suho kept his gaze pierced on the guy in front of him. Almost as if they were communicating telepathically when no words were exchanged. Sujin next to me felt really anxious for some reason and was willing to jump in and separate those two, if it wasn't for Sua holding her back.

Seojun on the other hand, was laid back encouraging the male to hit him because he thought Suho wouldn't have the courage to do so otherwise. Suho adjusted his grip on the male's collar and as he was about to throw a punch, a loud voice from the back stopped him from doing so.

"WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING?"

3rd person pov

"Y/N!" Sua called out to the girl walking in front of her but she saw no response. She then noticed the girl was blasting music from her headphones and approached her, carefully tapping her shoulder so she wouldn't scare her away.

Y/n turned around and met the petite girl standing in front of her, quickly forming a smile on her lips as she was happy to see her. "To whom do I owe the pleasure today?" Y/n said forcing an accent. "To Sua, your majesty." She bowed and y/n mirrored her. They both laughed it off and continued their conversation.

"What can I help you with, my dear Sua?" Y/n said. "I was actually wondering if you'd like to join a study group? It also gives you the advantage to meet new people while also focusing on your studies." Sua suggested while nudging the girl, pursuing her to join the said study group.

"Hm, I think I would really like that, yeah." Y/n agreed, scratching her chin with three fingers. Back in the states, she did pretty well up until high school started. She struggled to keep up with her assignments due to her missing her parents which really lowered her gpa and her studying habits weren't the best either.

"Sounds great! I'll add you to the group chat if that's fine?" Y/n nodded. "Also, if you're free today, there's a meeting right now." Sua added. Y/n agreed and proceeded to text her parents letting them know that she was going to be home a little later.

Sua clapped her hands together and proceeded to link arms with the younger. The talked all the way until the cafe, getting to know each other a little more.

Y/n's pov

"Hello everyone, please give a warm welcome to our newest member, Park Y/n." Sua announced as we walked in the cafe. I had been here before when I was younger, so a flash of old memories came dashing at me, distracting me from the people already sat down.

"Y/n?" Sua nudged me bringing me back to the present and I bowed, greeting everyone. "Hello, thank you for receiving me, I'll work hard!" I said with a fist up. The rest clapped.

Once I looked around, I caught a glimpse of the people sitting down. I noticed two unknown men seated at the back, Jugyeong, Sujin and my eyes widened at the sight of him. It was Lee Suho, the guy that had gotten into a fight earlier today.

We made eye contact and somehow it was disturbing, so I shifted my gaze to Sua who began speaking right away.

"Y/n, those two in the back are my boyfriend Taehoon and his little brother that decided to join us. He doesn't go to the school but someone has to take care of him so Hoon brought him for today." She explained and I nodded. There was an empty seat next to Jugyeong but in front of Suho so I awkwardly took it, completely ignoring the piercing gaze he had on me.

"Welcome Y/n, we're glad to have you join us." Sujin spoke. I smiled brightly and I returned it. "How were your grades in the states?" She added. I smiled awkwardly before answering the question and I saw how some of them started grinning after looking at my reaction. "Well, I've always been a really good student. I started flunking in school after my freshman year because I started to really miss my parents and I grew extremely homesick, so I came back." I said. They all nodded but from the corner of my eye, I saw an uneasy Jugyeong.

"Is something on your mind?" I asked her. She nodded and I could tell she hesitated before asking it. "If you don't mind me asking you, why did you move to the states if you missed your parents a lot?" I was a little taken aback and hesitant if I should even answer the question since this was somewhat of a sensitive topic for me. I noticed that she felt my awkwardness and quickly took her comment back. "O-Oh I'm sorry if offended yo-" I cut her off. "Don't worry about it, it's fine. I think I can talk about it." I briefly paused.

"To make a long story short, I was bullied in middle school because of my looks. I wasn't the prettiest or the slimmest so, people took that and used it against me, and it caused me to become very self conscious among other things...It's not that deep but it was to me." I explained. Jugyeong held my hand under the table and I gave her a small smile.

"Well, I know that this might not make you feel better, but you're literally so beautiful inside and out, I can tell. I know that we're going to get along very well." Jugyeong said. I smiled at her and looked around finding Suho listening carefully. After some small talk after, we started the studying.

"That was interesting. I feel like I've just unlocked another part of my brain." I said and they all laughed. I stretched a little considering I hadn't moved at all from my seat for about 2 hours. "So same time Thursday?" I asked. "Yeah. We usually just revise together whenever we have the chance, but it's usually Tuesdays and Thursdays." She said while grabbing my shoulder. I nodded and thanked her. After a bit, we said our goodbyes and parted our ways. I noticed that Suho went my way as well and I decided to wait for him as I was a bit ahead.

"Hi, Suho right?" I said and he nodded. "That was brave of you." He spoke lowly. "Hm?" I said trying to get him to speak louder. "I said that was brave of you." He said again I think even lower. "Huh?" I said again. He sighed in annoyance as he stayed quiet briefly. "Never mind, you're deaf." He spoke normally now. "Ugh, rude." I rolled my eyes and walked faster.

He stayed behind and quiet. "I said you did good, it was brave of you." He said. I looked back and smiled. "What do you mean?" I asked. He sighed and walked a bit faster to catch up with me. "I mean talking about like your personal things in front of a whole group. It must've been scary." He said. I nodded without saying anything, keeping the smile on my face.

I haven't heard that in a while, that's why it hit me when a completely stranger said it to me. After a bit of small talk, we went our own separate ways and bid our goodbyes.

He wasn't so bad after all...

written by leyrai
previously known as always taegi

07.19.2021 edit: thank you all for reading this. I made some corrections but I hope you still enjoyed it <3 have a good rest of your day!

11.29.2022 edit: finally came back and finished editing some stuff lol. i hope you like it so far :) have a good day.

07.08.2023 edit: HEYY oh my god, what the fuck did I write before. I feel like as the years pass the editing gets better and better. Anyways, have a great day love you all <3333

taegi