Chapter 33: There's No "I" in Team

Stiles

It took a bit of research to make a Molotov cocktail without Lydia's coaching. I am holding it like a bomb in my lap. Luckily, Jackson's Porsche drives smoother than my Jeep.

As Beacon Hills flies past my window, I can't help but feeling deep fear in my stomach. I probably would have felt better if Natalie was here. The way that this drive feels like a death march makes me realize that yes, I definitely made the right decision. Right?

"Step on it, would you?" I grumble as Jackson presses the pedal to the floor. What are we about to walk into? The sky is pitch black, and the lights for the road are becoming few and far between. Jackson turns to go up the Hale house hill.

A howl bellows in the distance.

"Do you hear that?" Jackson whimpers. I grip the cocktail tightly.

The scene unravels quickly in front of us. Peter Hale, fully transformed into the Alpha. Chris Argent is knocked on his back, mere feet away. Allison is staring up at the wolf in fear, crossbow in her hand. The Alpha's arm is outstretched, claws digging into a fully transformed Scott's neck.

"Stop the car!" I scream at Jackson, opening the passenger door. This is it – I can save them all. All four of their faces turn toward me as I hurl the bottle straight at the Alpha.

He catches the bottle in his claws.

"Allison!" Scott screams, and before the Alpha can even react, Allison's bow is releasing an arrow directed right for the cocktail.

The Alpha drops Scott from the pain. His whole body goes up in flames from the cocktail exploding in his hand. All of us – from hunter, to werewolf, to human, stare up at the flailing body that's shrinking from Alpha to Peter. Eventually, the unrecognizable, scabbed man falls to his knees and on the ground.

Scott's shallow wolf breathing becomes the only sound after the screaming dies out. He's back is still hunched in his supernatural state. This is not good. One werewolf after another – but this one, we wouldn't be able to kill. Allison marches over to him, taking his morphed face in her hands. She kisses him deeply.

When she pulls away, Scott is back in human form. "Why would you do that?" he asks, confused.

"Because I love you," she responds. My heart wretches, only able to think about Natalie's furious face from a couple hours before. All I wanted to do is tell her I love her.

Peter storms down from the inside of the house, staring at the man dying in the front lawn.

"No! Derek, don't kill him! I need the cure!" Scott yells from Allison's arms. He stands over Peter, only giving Scott one knowing glance before slashing Peter's neck. He looks up at me, his eyes red.

Allison immediately wanted to go see Lydia. I managed to convince Chris Argent to let me borrow his car to let me go get Natalie. The four of them pack into Jackson's Porsche, which I have to believe would have been harder to convince him to let me borrow.

I roll up to the McCall house, just as I left it. It's hard to believe that this night started with a school dance. It had started with Natalie on my arm in that beautiful blue dress. I pause for a moment before I open the door to Scott's room. I wish I was able to rewind and do the night different.

She leaning against the wall next to the radiator and doesn't even look up when I enter. I figure the best thing I can do is unlock her immediately. She refuses to make eye contact with me as I release her from the cuffs.

"Natalie," I try to reach for her to comfort her and she pulls her hand away.

"Don't," she mutters, shooting me a look. I lean back on my hands to join her on the floor.