Chapter 6: No Control

Natalie

"No way. No way?" Allison gasps, grabbing the bag of chips from my hands and looking at me mouth agape.

"It's true," Lydia remarks, "He was basically holding the shirt over the raging boner he had to run with." Allison laughs as I cover my face, embarrassed. "She was just sitting there, in her underwear, staring at me. Thank god I was around."

We were sitting on some steps in front of the cafeteria, facing the parking lot adjacent to the lacrosse field. I could hear the grunts from practice from here. Allison was in her classic dress/tights/cardigan look, her legs outstretched in front of her while demolishing a bag of Lay's. Lydia looked at us while leaning on a car hood in her pink skirt and floral blouse.

"Guys, I am serious! I want to lose my virginity. I think you guys thought I was bluffing," I snide.

"Well I have at least 10 guys who could give it to you who are much more experienced," Lydia says, emphasizing on the "much". She flips her strawberry blonde hair over her shoulder as she digs into her yogurt. I roll my eyes.

"Enough about me. What about you and Scott, Allison? Are you giving him that second chance?" She blushes and looks down.

"As annoying as it is he left me, I think it had to be important if a guy left you naked it in a bathroom to follow and help him. I'll give him a second chance," she says nudging me.

"Half naked," I correct. Lydia is looking toward the field, concerned. I see two people running off the field, one basically covering the other. "Oh god that's Scott and Stiles. I'll be right back!" I bolt up, grabbing my bag and following the two to the locker room. I notice a figure at the edge of the field as I run inside. Derek Hale.

"Stiles?" I call out. I hear banging toward the back of the room.

"No! Natalie! Don't come in here! He calls out. I run around the corner to see Scott hunched over, heaving. "Jackson pissed him off in practice, he's freaking out-"

"Get away from me! I can't control it!" Scott turns to face me. His face is fully transformed, his features twisted and his eyes gold – the hair, the teeth he looks like-

He looks like a wolf.

Stiles backs up and grabs my arm, running toward the door. Scott cuts us off, his face deranged. We run back a few rows of lockers, ducking behind one and pressing our backs quietly to them. Stiles raises a finger to his lips, motioning for me to be quiet. I can hear Scott stalking down the rows, banging the metal and growling lowly.

And then I hear the growling above us.

"He's in the rafters!" I gasp, pulling Stiles around. We make a circle back to the door, Scott hopping rafter to rafter. "The fire extinguisher!" I grab it, unhooking the nozzle and spraying it up to Scott and he lunges down at us. Stiles is gripping my arm so hard that I can feel my pulse there.

The cloud clears, and Scott's on the ground, human. "What happened?" he asks, look up at us.

"You tried to kill us Scott!" Stiles says matter-of-factly. "Believe me now, Nat?" I am just trying to catch my breath. "It's like I told you Scott. It's when your heartrate is up. It's a trigger."

"But that's lacrosse, it's a pretty violent game."

"It will be a lot more violent when you kill someone on the field," I say and shrug.

"You can't play Saturday, Scott." Stiles says.

"But, I'm first line."

"Not anymore."